Anyone Used The Factory "Luggage Rack - Chrome"?

taw1126

Scooter
Alright...I got no bites at all on the thread about using a Ventura rack system with the factory city bags, so I started looking at other options. From what I can tell, everyone but Triumph uses the rear shock mounts to install luggage racks & grab rails (correct me if I'm wrong).

So I started looking at the factory "Luggage Rack - Chrome", part number A9738191. Somehow this thing costs less than the standard factory grab rail, and it provides a place to lash some stuff down. I'd really rather have a luggage rack that could be converted to a grab rail for everyday riding (you know, like a...uhh...Ventura rack or something) but this might be the best I can do without screwing up my commuter set-up.

Anybody got one? Like it? Hate it? The luggage rack portion looks pretty f'ing long but Triumph's photos are at an angle so I can't really tell. Anyone have photos of one installed?

KingBear

Hooligan
Looks good to me, I might have to pick one up myself...

5959_0.jpg

Sorry...I dicked up my original post and left out this other sort of weird angle from the Jack Lilley website (the only other photo I've seen):
http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=7&category_type_id=105&part_id=6141

Between these two odd angles I can't really tell what it would look like...I'd like to see a side-on shot.
Try going to the Triumph web site and clicking on "Create my Triumph". Add the luggage rack and it will give you a decent side-on view to judge the length. I've ordered one and am hoping to see it this weekend!

an300

moped
Hi there! I bought that triumph´s rack about 2 months ago. Quality and fitting were excelent. Price was quite cheap 130e. I have not yet used it, because we still have here 50 cm snow! Easy to install about 10 minutes. Only thing: there were label: max load 3kg! Thats quite little. I think it is good for much more weight, that steady it is.

Last edited:
I've got the Triumph rack and it has worked out very well. It kills the Cafe look, but so does the sissy bar. Wife won't go two up without the sissy bar.

taw1126

Scooter
So is it different from the Renntec one - apart from the usual Triumph price premium.

It doesn't use the top of the shock as the forward mounting point, which makes it significantly different for my application. Otherwise, I'm not sure if it's much different from the Renntec.

I have a Lucas tail light on the way, which I really don't want to permanently hide under a rack. Plus I'd really like to have both a sissy bar to put behind my young son who decided he wants to start riding with me, and some reasonable luggage toting ability. So......I bit the bullet and ordered a Ventura system. Hopefully the Ventura "L" bracket will have enough play to mount with the existing city bag rack in place (wish me luck). Otherwise, I'm out the return postage and pain in the ass factor :loser: and probably buying this Triumph part.

Thanks to those you were able to tell me more about it.

tdaniels10

Scooter
Rack bag

Can anyone recommend a good bag that works well with the Triumph factory Bonneville chrome luggage rack? The ones I've looked at locally don't really fit the rack well. I'm just looking for something to use on day trips and has good tie-down points (built-in bungy cords, etc.) that fit the rack well.

Thanks.