Anyone Running a 150 Rear on your bike?

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I know all of the Pros & Cons, and that some love it and some hate it. I'm going to try it and see what I think on my bike...

So for the guys who have done it, did you reuse the stock size rear tube or did you change tube size as well?

Thanks

RR

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Thanks Bret,

But since I read that thread and no one who has actually put a 150 on had mentioned anything about tubes I thought I'd ask...

Bonniebret

Rocker
NP. Can't answer that one for you. I brought the wheel and tire to a dealer to have it mounted. When I pulled the wheel there was a tiny nail in. It was still holding air fine but to be safe they replaced the tube too but I couldn't tell you the size. Sorry.

I have Dunlop Roadsmart 150/70 rear and 110/80 front, stock rim and with a tube.
I do several track days every season and tried different tires and ended with the Dunlops which is the best tire I ever had.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I have Dunlop Roadsmart 150/70 rear and 110/80 front, stock rim and with a tube.
I do several track days every season and tried different tires and ended with the Dunlops which is the best tire I ever had.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at going to the Michelin Pilot Road 2's

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Every time I replace my tire(s) I replace the tube(s) and rim strap. Cheap insurance.

Don't cheap on tires, they are what stop you, and keep you off the pavement.

ratlab

Scooter
thruxtonerich-do roadsmarts come in 18'' fronts or did you change front wheel size-i have heard that is a great tire