anyone mod their stock pipes?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I took a long drift (big nail) a five pound sledge and punched out all the rear baffles on my 07 Black. Worked pretty good and no rejetting. It's an old trick that a lot of harley dealers did to new Sportsters to make em louder.

Mine got off the "Singer sewing" sound, but not as loud as TORs.
P1000786.jpg

Last edited:

strokerlmt

I took mine did a baffleectomy on mine, cut most of the rear pipe off, lightly sanded them and BBQ painted them black. Pretty nice sound. You can also get the pipe that fits onto the header.....bend it....flip the muffler and you get "swept up look".
LMT

mondokat

Scooter
I took mine did a baffleectomy on mine, cut most of the rear pipe off, lightly sanded them and BBQ painted them black. Pretty nice sound. You can also get the pipe that fits onto the header.....bend it....flip the muffler and you get "swept up look".
LMT

How long did that bbq paint last?

pattybilt

Scooter
I cut mine in half, pulled out all of the baffling welded them back together and smoothed them out, not a bad sound but I decided to make some "lollipo" baffles to make it run a bit better until I do a rejet and remove the air box, so with that said, and I know this has probably been asked time and again, anyone know the size of jets I should go with for this combo?
23666_100334476670441_100000816666800_6725_8053512_n.jpg

34291_129464857090736_100000816666800_136785_313560_n.jpg

Also made some new bars recently, this is a photo before powder coat. I love the feel of these things and the look.

Last edited:

bonZa

Street Tracker
using a hole saw I cut through the restrictor then smoothed the internals on the end of the muffler with a dremel and this allowed the restrictor, about 6" long to be removed in one piece. next I drilled through a couple of baffles using an old 1" drill bit welded to a piece of rod.

exhaust sounds very nice and people compliment on the sweet note.

never rejetted or anything and bike runs well but do get a bit of popping during deceleration and have since put on about 40,000 kilometers

have been thinking of going up to 115 main jets with 1 shim and 2.75 turns out as per Jenks set up for TORs which I assume are similar to a bafflectomy

I removed my mufflers completely. Put a 4" baffle into the end of the stock headers. I love it, the sound is great! its a bit loud depending on your preference but i like it. I have an EFI so i didnt rejet. I did get a dealer TOR tune downloaded to my bike, its not optimum by any means, but I havent been able to get together the load of cash for a power commander and dyno tune yet, so for now, it works.

koifarm

Hooligan
Did the bafflectomy and removed the snorkle and enlarged the opening to the airbox a bit, about all you can do without rejetting, bike runs great, sounds a lot better than the 'sewing machine' sound of the stock, no popping on decel....works for me...

MuckSavage

Scooter
Bafflectomy on my 09 SE. Sounds much better now, however I do get the pop on deceleration. I kind of like it though. I catch myself turning my head so I can hear my pipes as I accelerate.