Anyone here work with fiberglass?

Hey all,

I'm interested in learning how to work with fiberglass and was wondering if anyone here has any experience or ideas of where to get information. Specifically looking for the step by step processes involved.

I'm a very fast learner and am interested in adding fairing-making to my repertoire. Specifically looking to learn how to make half and full fairings for my bike projects.

Thanks guys.

T-boy

Rocker
Google "working with fiberglass" turns up a ton of vids. Maybe this will help you in your endeavor. In any event, sounds like an interesting project. Good luck.

Roger

Street Tracker
Now that YouTube is totally fucked up*, it is going to be harder to find the good videos for projects like this. If I needed info on doing any kind of work with fibreglass, this was the guy to go look up:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GasserGlass?feature=watch

Dig through his videos to find what you need. This guy knows his shit.

He has given permisson to download all his videos. That is what I have been doing. I use Firefox and a Add-On called DownloadHelper. Using this, I can download almost any online streamed video to my computer.

*Google has now integrated Google+ with YouTube. This has caused all kinds of problems with the Comments system and owners of YouTube accounts are having a lot of problems in managing their videos. Also, it seems that Google can now claim ownership to any content uploaded to YouTube.

On another note, I can't even post comments on YouTube any more. WTF!

drlapo

Hooligan
my son made a seat for his 70 Triumph in an afetrnoon with fiberglas
he made a foam form and laid the glass on it
it was messy but easy