Anyone going to the Ace for lunch today ?

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Thinking of heading up to the Ace for a burger at lunchtime if I can drag a mate out for a ride as the temperature seems to have crept up to a relatively warm 2 degrees celcius. Anyone else out riding today?

AceT100

Rocker
Thinking of heading up to the Ace for a burger at lunchtime if I can drag a mate out for a ride as the temperature seems to have crept up to a relatively warm 2 degrees celcius. Anyone else out riding today?

I used to live 10 mins from it in Harrow....bit of a ride from San Francisco now tho....

Has the food quality improved yet?

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Thought as much...I still miss it..well, not the food...but the place...Growing up I always heard from older guys about it, and when Mark got his hands on it, it was a good day.

Where do you live?

I used to run www.thelondonbikers.com if you haven't found em yet too.

As for pics Mr Bonafide.... http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

I live in SW London so it's a 30 minute ride but that is half the fun when its not completely jammed with traffic on the a40. Didn't make it yesterday as my riding buddy was working so went to look at bikes with my brother instead. I'll take some pics next time I get up there.

For those that haven't been the history and reputation is probably more immediately impressive than the reality but it is the history that makes it such a mecca. I went there back in my scooter days but it didn't feel right until I pulled up for the first time on my Trumpet. I'll take a some pics next time I get up there.

I frequently look at London Bikers, good site.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Popped out this sunday with a friend just before the snow closed in. He let me ride his Ducati 1098 s Tricolore. Holy crap that things goes and sounds fantastic but it would take some getting used to assuming the position doing a push up while staring at the front mudguard.

mail

The Tricolore is top left and my Bonnie second from the top right. It was some sort of sport bike meetup thus the plastic fantastic in the foreground

mail

This is what happened when I got home.

mail