Anyone else finished with "Cafe Racer"?

nohawk

Rocker
I agree 100% on that ,the guys that dress up in the rocker crap are the same as the HD guys and alot of them call there selfs cafe racers rideing around on bikes that wont get out there own way theres nothing racer about that at all.I never knew rideing a bike was a fashion statement lol.Maybe we need to start a new bike movement wear jeans boots what ever shirt you want go out and rase hell on bikes like the bikers did in the usa back in the 50s 60s and 70s.We didnt know what a cafe was back then but we knew where the bars where.Get 1/2 drunk race to the next bar lol We can call it beer joint racers lol.Only trouble now is back then you had to kick start bikes if you got to drunk to start it you where to drunk to ride it lol.More of us might get killed these days lol.Now your thinking what about DUI arest well back then when you saw a cops light you knew it was time to go ton up lol.
This is Classic Mike!

pepper

Street Tracker
Yeah, yeah, fuck the costumes man. All those dudes who don't look like us, ride what we ride and like what we like are all fuckin losers man. :kick:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
If I can't make jokes about people, kill me now. Commenting on someone's costume , or bike is not the same as calling them an asshole. I'd hate to live in a world where we can't laugh at other people without hating them.Sounds really boring. Fuck that, life's too short to be politically correct.

My best friends - if anyone heard us kidding around what we call each other, they would think we were racist haters and enemies but its quite the opposite.

There seems to be no more listings for CR on Discovery. If that means they are done broadcasting it,then maybe the show will finally go on line. As it is, I rarely catch it because its on at all different times, randomly.

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
If I can't make jokes about people, kill me now. Commenting on someone's costume , or bike is not the same as calling them an asshole. I'd hate to live in a world where we can't laugh at other people without hating them.Sounds really boring. Fuck that, life's too short to be politically correct.

My best friends - if anyone heard us kidding around what we call each other, they would think we were racist haters and enemies but its quite the opposite.

There seems to be no more listings for CR on Discovery. If that means they are done broadcasting it,then maybe the show will finally go on line. As it is, I rarely catch it because its on at all different times, randomly.

You can laugh at me Sal. I've worn chaps and leather pants off and on for over 30 years. I'm one of those chapless asses, costume clown, pirate losers. Do you think any of the other riders from around the globe who come here might be as well? I have to admit though, most of my threads now a days comes from Savers, which is kind of like Goodwill with a better selection. Too funny :lol3:

On a much more positive note, this weekend I met an older gentleman who is building a 1951 6T and he's agreed to let me dimension the castings of his OEM bolt on frame rear section. I'm pretty excited as those are numbers I've been looking for for quite a while. The gentleman may also have a lead on a pre '71 front loop. Hey, my box job build might actually be moving forward for a change. Yes!

hankmarx

750cc
Yeah, yeah, fuck the costumes man. All those dudes who don't look like us, ride what we ride and like what we like are all fuckin losers man. :kick:

I love to ride late at night, nothing but flip flops and a speedo, a bath towel for a cape, and some Bootsey Collins sunglasses.

dig it.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I've worn chaps and leather pants off and on for over 30 years. I'm one of those chapless asses, costume clown, pirate losers.

Great! Now I feel bad!

Live and let live... probably the better way.

pepper

Street Tracker
I love to ride late at night, nothing but flip flops and a speedo, a bath towel for a cape, and some Bootsey Collins sunglasses.

dig it.

Dude! I want to ride with you! It sounds you guys have a lot of fun down there in Texas man :woot:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
You can laugh at me Sal. I've worn chaps and leather pants off and on for over 30 years. I'm one of those chapless asses, costume clown, pirate losers. Do you think any of the other riders from around the globe who come here might be as well? I have to admit though, most of my threads now a days comes from Savers, which is kind of like Goodwill with a better selection. Too funny :lol3:

I wouldn't laugh at someone for wearing leather pants- never said I would. You might be responding to someone else..... I do laugh at people , including myself.I can laugh at chaps . I was the class clown in high school. If someone shows up with a full blown costume, I still would not laugh at them , but depending on how serious they were about it, I might... make a joke or two. If guys are too sensitive to deal with that, then I won't hang with them for long. I was kicked out of the first HD (leather chap wearing) group I rode with - for going ahead. Maybe they called me an ass clown afterwards , I don't know. but I couldn't ride that slow.But I never called them any bad names. I didn't know them well enough.

My point - which may be lost here - is that making a joke about someone, or about chaps, can be done decently, and it is far from just calling someone an asshole. its just a joke and the funniest ones are always about and between friends anyway so how can it be hatin'....

and all of my clothes are shit...

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
I went for a ride yesterday with my neighbor. His machine is an older, sun faded, dry rotted in-line 4 that smokes non-stop out of the right pipe and squeals like the dickens everytime he grabs a handful of brake. Man, we had some fun! The weather was bright, clear and warm, there wasn't too much traffic and it felt great to be alive. I love my motorcycle!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Pepper -

He had a real cafe racer! I was in Phoenix last April visiting family and the weather was spectacular. I'm jealous.

But - it was 55 degrees here yesterday and I got out for a 20 mile ride yesterday by myself , just around the mountain in my town , and the roads weren't too bad - but that was heaven. We have been imprisoned in a sort of iceland for the past 60 days.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I began to see the sense in having your body clad in something when I went to start my
52FL Harley barefoot and forgot to retard the spark. That bicycle pedal sliced the hell outta my foot.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
I dug the show overall but some of it did get old. I'd say it way better than 99% of the crap on TV nowadays. That being said, if I have to watch the Boz Bros do one more test ride I might gouge my eyes out. Is it just me or do they seem complete gay for each other? :lol3: