Anybody using the British Customs High Header exhaust system?

Craigore

TT Racer
im sorry but who want hot exhaust right at their legs. also, you'll NEVER be able to ride with a passenger. if it's as loud as the predators, you don't want the silencers that close to your ears. Oh, and you can't take off your side covers on the road if needed without taking off the can. you'd have to travel with RTV sealant in your pocket.
No thanks.

get the d&d full stainless system. it's fucking awesome.

Last edited:

Oil Burner

Scooter
All good points.

Honestly, I've been a little wary of going D+D. I had a D+D slip-on on a Kawasaki I had. Holy shite was it loud. Like... set off car alarms loud. I like a nice throaty growl, but crazy loud doesn't do it for me these days. I like to be able to leave in the morning without waking up my 1 year old, or wondering if the neighbors have rifle sights zeroed in on me as I pull out of the driveway. I performed a baffle-ectomy on my Scrambler, and it's much better than stock. I wouldn't mind boosting the performance a bit, but I'm not necessarily looking to make the most powerful Scrambler out there. Quite a few options available; just trying to find the right one.

Rocker

Two Stroke
Anything that you use that isn't from Triumph is probably going to mean that you can't carry a passenger, and a lot of the a/m headers have fairly poor heat shielding for the rider as well.
I modified stock Scram headers and shields to take Norman Hyde silencers and bought a Bonnie America for when she wants to come for a ride on the back.

I use BC Preds and can take a passenger. I don't even know why you'd think aftermarket silencers would prohibit riding two-up.

Anyway, if you like the looks, get them. Who cares?

Craigore

TT Racer
I use BC Preds and can take a passenger. I don't even know why you'd think aftermarket silencers would prohibit riding two-up.

Did you look at the picture of the exhaust that he's talking about? talk about CO poisoning... the exhaust outlet is right where your passengers leg would be...

oh, you're talking to rocker. sorry!

Rocker

Two Stroke

My honey has sensitive inner thighs, anything higher than my body temp and she's uncomfortable.

Rocker

Two Stroke

Just realized that I have shortened headers, my mufflers are further forward than stock. The passenger's legs would normaly mostly touch the header pipes, and the stock shielding is very good. Still not sure about any after market header's heat shielding though.:flag: