anybody ever think of ranking pipes according to db level??

steamfitter

Two Stroke
hi all. asked this on another site awhile back and never really got an answer. i was just curious as to what pipes are the loudest. i have epco pipes. the pipes i am most concerned with is the d & d pipes. for somebody with the know-how it would be a cool thread to find out how the different pipes rate in dba's from least to most. i know there are hundreds of youtube videos that let you hear the sound of the pipes, but it is hard to discern a loudness to them. anyway, just wondered.....-keith

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Bonnielass (I think) posted a video of various & sundry pipes on a ride one time. It's pretty conclusive which pipes are which.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
The D&D Full Race will make your ears bleed. The street set-ups, 2 into 2 and 2 into 1 are loud, maybe a bit more than predators. Epco pipes have a nice balance - loud at WFO and pretty tame while cruising. The Thruxton TORS actually have a loud bark at WFO after about 10,000 break in miles, and still remain very docile while cruising. For me Predators have the best sound, while only coming up slightly behind the D&D for HP. I ran a special set of TT pipes from specialty spares and while loud - they were not as loud as the D&D full race - the megaphones on those really amplify the sound. Norman Hyde Togas seem to have the best "authentic" old brit bike sound from all the pipes I've heard. There are a lot of sound clips out there, but from what I've heard of those and witnessed in the real world - it's often difficult to tell from the sound bite, but they do give you an idea.

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm thinking about attaching one of these to the back of my bike, and then I can simply play different recordings and adjust the volume for whatever sound I want my bike to have.

All I need is some good vroom-vroom recordings.

horn_loudspeaker_white.jpg

ricky

Street Tracker
I'm tired of noise.
The O.E.M. off road mufflers sound just right to me. That's what I run. Everyone that has heard them say it sounds really sweet and is quiet.
.02¢

+1 to the TORS. I love them... they don't wake up the neighbors but I can hear them when I am doing a ton over the wind.

I'm tired of noise.
The O.E.M. off road mufflers sound just right to me. That's what I run. Everyone that has heard them say it sounds really sweet and is quiet.
.02¢

derby boy

Two Stroke
That's what I love about Bonnies, they can sound sweet as molasses if you want or totaly piss of the neighbors. I've tried several variations of sound and have gone with a customized triumph muffler that's been cut and gutted. They don't rap in my ears like the drag pipes I ran but they have a real loud idle/low rpm then start to get a smooth roar over 3500 rpm. The thing is a Bonnie is great in it's many forms.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
hopeful for BUBS

I like my gutted and (circumcised about an inch and a half) TORs but am bidding on some BUBs on ebay. Have no idea how they'll sound but it's gotta be good and I like the look.... (none of you better outbid me, so help me GOD!)

Great Idea

I bought the triumph aftermarket but my mate has the Hydes and I prefer them. Wish had been some rating b4 I rashly rushed in and bought 1st set!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
mmmmmmmmmmmmm these bikes sound mighty tasty with anything other than stock mufflers. From the mild and moderate tors to ridiuclously loud and beautiful D&D full race. . . i like it louder and am hankerin for a set of those right now