Antique headlight

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Now here's something I'd like for my Bonnie. I was thinking about the bikes on display in Daytona, like this 1950 Thunderbird, and it seems like it wouldn't be that difficult for someone to make a recreation of this for our bikes. It could be molded out of ABS or fiberglass, a top and a bottom that fit together, with the headlight shell and instruments inside.
Anyone have the skills to pull this off? I know I don't-only the idea. Would love to see someone with the craftsmanship of D9 make this work. What do you think???

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Now here's something I'd like for my Bonnie. I was thinking about the bikes on display in Daytona, like this 1950 Thunderbird, and it seems like it wouldn't be that difficult for someone to make a recreation of this for our bikes. It could be molded out of ABS or fiberglass, a top and a bottom that fit together, with the headlight shell and instruments inside.
Anyone have the skills to pull this off? I know I don't-only the idea. Would love to see someone with the craftsmanship of D9 make this work. What do you think???

That's a beautiful bike.

The more I see those old hardtails, the more I like 'em.

MES

750cc
I think the old Enfield would be easier to do.
It would be shit pot of work to fab up a nacil type headlight.
You would have to start completly over. Would require a smaller guage than the modern stock.

BMW nacelle will work (?), I believe.
it more of an elongated bucket in that it mounts to the fork brackets as opposed to it being intergrated.

Ariel square 4 had a true nacelle
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1957-ariel-4-g-mk-2.htm/printable

OG R.E. nacelle
http://www.bikerworld.co.uk/roadtests/bullet/06.jpg

Rocker

Two Stroke

My first bike was a 1950 6T Thunderbird.
The problem with adapting an Enfield nacelle is with the relationship to the bars. Could be done though eventually. There are different ways of putting the speedo in the headlamp by using varius versions of the Ural/Dpner headlamp buket. The BMW unit from the sixties would probably work but they go for big $$$ compared to the eastern bloc stuff, although I think one of those 5" speedo/tach units may fit the BMW housing. Not 100% sure on that.
Pic is of my T100 Centennial with the Chinese "BMW" headlamp shell. This Winter I have to fab brackets to move the headlamp up and closer to the bars.

Attachments

• DSCN1747.jpg
    DSCN1747.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
There are different ways of putting the speedo in the headlamp by using varius versions of the Ural/Dpner headlamp buket....
Pic is of my T100 Centennial with the Chinese "BMW" headlamp shell. This

Wow man, that looks really great. Nice work.