America/Speedy Headers on a Bonneville

Anyone know if America/Speedmaster headers would fit on a Bonneville (both being 865 carb'd models)?

I notice that the headers on an America and/or Speedmaster have a bit more girth and are also straight cut at the end. Im tossing the idea of finding a way to get rid of that curved angle upward on the stock bonnie headers. I presume I could just cut the headers and put baffles in them (or go balls to the wall with baffle?). But dont feel comfortable cutting my header pipes. The America/Speedy headers look like they would handle the aesthetics purpose of this goal. Just not sure if I would need to fab some sort of bracket to the bottom of the frame for each side or if the bolts on the engine head alone would suffice for dexterity. It would almost look like a TT setup; except the pipes wouldnt be under the bike so I wont have to worry about clearance as much.

inquiring inebriated minds wanna know :chin:

Cheers!

normandy

Street Tracker
I'm not sure whether the speedy pipes would be a direct fit, you may have minor modifications to make.
You definetly don't want to hang the header pipes from the cylinder head and will require a lower mount. The pipes will also be much heavier as they are a double wall pipe and both sides connect with a cross over tube which should be considered or removed.

Let us know how it works out.