Alpinestars SPS Gloves

steamfitter

Two Stroke
Hi all. Just bought a pair of the Alpinestars SPS Gloves. My first impressions are that they are worth every penny. The fit and finish is perfect. For those that haven't seen these they are leather with a second layer of suede on the palm area and the outside palm areas are padded. They also have 2 layers of leather on the fingers for protection. They have a carbon fiber knuckle protector that is a little different than most knuckle guards. These are more rectangular. They are also heavily cushioned underneath the protector. I ordered a size XL because reviews said they run a tad small. The XL fits me perfectly. Dexterity is excellent. I am able to grab my credit card at the gas station out of my wallet without taking my gloves off. I don't know how many of you really get picky about your gloves, but I am a welder so my hands are my life. I don't get into just plain thin gloves cause I don't really believe they offer any real protection. I try to temper this with the fact I am riding a "classic" bike, so full race gloves would be out of place also. These gloves are a good compromise and they extend slightly pass the wrist, so you get decent protection. All in all, for 89.00 (free shipping from WWW.MADSS.Com) I think they are an excellent bargain. If you are after good hand protection and you don't mind a slightly modern street glove, give these a hard look.-Keith