All I Want For Xmas Is......

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Damn Sweat you cant get a break brother didn't you get laid off like a year ago? Hope things get better for all of ya .

Jimmy

R

rndtaylor

I got laid of early sept., and I am ready to go back to work also.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
The news said just the month of Nov that 533,000 people lost thier jobs. Dad always told me that two jobs that will never go away the OB/GYN and the undertaker cause one brings ya in and the other takes you away. Shit brothers I dont know what to tell ya but I sure as hell hope we get back on track soon.

Jimmy

KingBear

Hooligan
Gotcha covered Charlene!

nud-787561.jpg

Jeff
any luck with the info?

Trav, the info helped a lot. I've talked with a couple of friends that are "in the know" and they said the same things you forwarded to me. The next class starts in April. Gotta find something for the short term though...I'm working at my buddy's Pizza shack for the ultra-short term. I need to find something more....professional.

Hedge

American Infidel
I want to upgrade my 100amp circuit box to 200amps and then rewire all sockets in the house for a dedicated circuit breaker . . . enough with this late 50's technology! I also want to install an inverter to run a nice big ass genny when the power goes off . . . Just roll that bad boy out of the garage and crank it up and plug it right into my new 200 amp circuit board.

Ya think that's asking too much?

cynr1023

TT Racer
hedge, that depends on how much you know about electricity, how much money you've got on hand, and how much work you feel like doing.

Hedge

American Infidel
I'm scared of electricity, I have limited finacial resources for this kind of upgrade right now, I'm willing to work along side of a electrical Guru if he needs my help but I think he would charge me more for watching!

koifarm

Hooligan
Best get a pro unless you're comfortable enough to wire your house and generator without burning it down.
My Uncle used to say: "trust the almighty in all cases except electricity".
Do watch the guy work though, you'll get an education, and a good wiring job to boot.
The Generator must be installed with a separate circuit so that it doesn't feed electricity back into the power grid, in other words, kind of a switch circuit so when the Gen's on, no current can flow back into the grid. It can be manual or automatic, the automatic ones are more costly but not a whole lot.

Hedge

American Infidel
The Generator must be installed with a separate circuit so that it doesn't feed electricity back into the power grid, in other words, kind of a switch circuit so when the Gen's on, no current can flow back into the grid. It can be manual or automatic, the automatic ones are more costly but not a whole lot.
Exactly Bill - as I was told . . . then you don't electricute the pole guy when he comes to fix the wire on the street. What I'm told is that there has to be a main breaker that seperates the wire coming in from the street to the circuit box. Then I hook the Genny into the Inverter.

Has anyone heard of plugging the genny into the 220 dryer outlet and letting the Genny feed electricity backwards into the panel? It is suppose to work.