Airport Security Solution

Gretsch

Rocker
My drivers license expired back on the 4th and i renewed it on line (yes, you can do that now...I love the Interwebs). They issue you a receipt at the end of the transaction that, along with your old ID serves as your new license until they ship you the new one.

I was traveling from Denver to Atlanta this week. When I returned to Denver it occurred to me that I hadn't been asked about the expired license by any of the TSA Storm Snoopers. Seriously, they didn't even bother to notice the damn thing was expired. Didn't ask to see my documentation or any other form of ID. Wow...

Just a little observation about some of our "overworked" friends at the TSA.

KingBear

Hooligan
What surprised me was when I was flying back from DFW a couple weeks ago, I used one of the new boarding passes you download to your Blackberry, and the TSA guy couldn't get the scanner to work so he just waved me through. I was like, hmmmm. :chin:

Hiltz

Scooter
This is a post to a long out of date thread but Major Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood murderer in being treated better than this serviceman who honorably served is country.

rodburner

Rocker
I fully agree with the solution alluded to in the first post. And Tang,I feel your anger, respect it and sympathize. But it IS just the times we live in. Right,wrong or indifferent. Hell,when I came home from MY overseas deployment a few decades ago [ugh] I hand carried my rifle [cased] onto the plane and held it between my knees for the entire flight.Not a second glance at any gate or by the flight crew,just another guy in uniform,heading home from a business trip..lol
so hang in there,let 'em photograph your shillelagh in the booth and know that you only have a couple more encounters to tolerate..

Last edited:

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I have to get on a plane at 4.40am tomorrow. Because of the resource boom where I live the traffic around the airport is very busy at that time of day, the main arterial road is having major roadworks right now so is practically a carpark, the queues to check in are hundreds of metres long - so I am not taking any luggage I have to check - and the security gates have even longer queues.

Our Aussie government slavishly follows the lead of whatever the US does in terms of security, regardless of any perceived risk here. I'm using a domestic airport for a domestic flight which couldn't make it anywhere outside of my state because anywhere outside my state is too far away! It makes flying to a job and back so much of a hassle I almost wonder whether it's worth it.

And don't get me started on the airlines... I think it is positively inhumane the way they pack you onto a plane. I love to travel for work and holidays but damn I hate the flying. How did it ever get so bad?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I fully agree with the solution alluded to in the first post. And Tang,I feel your anger, respect it and sympathize. But it IS just the times we live in. Right,wrong or indifferent. Hell,when I came home from MY overseas deployment a few decades ago [ugh] I hand carried my rifle [cased] onto the plane and held it between my knees for the entire flight.Not a second glance at any gate or by the flight crew,just another guy in uniform,heading home from a business trip..lol
so hang in there,let 'em photograph your shillelagh in the booth and know that you only have a couple more encounters to tolerate..

Thanks for that rodburner, I appreciate that. I guess it was the ingredients for the perfect storm that was brewing...I was younger, returning from the assignment so I was already on edge and I definitely had a chip on my shoulder. Plus, hard to explain, but a body by Dunkin' Donuts in a uniform treating me as a security threat even after it is established who I am (with military ID) and verifying where I was coming from (military orders)...well the storm formed and my Irish temper came out...I'm not proud of it.

strokerlmt

RB ...nice to hear from you.
LMT