After market exhausts

Zammy

moped
Recently purchased a Bonnie T120 and was looking at replacing the exhausts with the ones from Gassercustoms in CA. The exhausts are made for the T120. My question is would my bike need a tune up to work right with new exhausts?

drlapo

Hooligan
I've been told by the local Triumph rep, the local dealer and an aftermarket manufacturer that the new T120 and Thruxton ECU will compensate for some mods; the installation of the V&H silencers.
the ecu can alter the mixture by 16%.

ray694

Scooter
You might also want to consider British Customs Sleeper Exhaust......you can check them out on Youtube....they sound great....

AandJCycles

Vendor
This is an interesting and valid question. What dyno results have shown by one of our manufacturers is that the ECU did in fact increase fueling for both a cat delete and slipons. I would also recommend checking out Cone Engineering. They make really nice slipons at a fraction of the other companies and actually make pipes for some other big name companies ....

kdharri

moped
I've been told by the local Triumph rep, the local dealer and an aftermarket manufacturer that the new T120 and Thruxton ECU will compensate for some mods; the installation of the V&H silencers.
the ecu can alter the mixture by 16%.

I got the V&H/Triumph peashooters at purchase, removed the soldered tab, then extracted the 3 inch db killers.
Tone is very good and really growls after about 3500 rpm

Gerryc

moped
So cool you're purchasing Gasser's exhaust. He's building my new bike at the moment. Those exhaust are amazing, and damn loud. Great purchase.