Added MBars

fender

Street Tracker
So far I like the increased forward lean compared to the SuperBars from NewBonneville. I'll be ridding today so I should have a pretty good idea of how they feel with more seat time.

Here are some pics so others can see the difference in hand position.

SuperBars
820536928_sxEx6-M.jpg

M-Bars
820536900_sTMGD-M.jpg

rmiles

Scooter
superbars

Are the superbars for sale?

So far I like the increased forward lean compared to the SuperBars from NewBonneville. I'll be ridding today so I should have a pretty good idea of how they feel with more seat time.

Here are some pics so others can see the difference in hand position.

SuperBars
820536928_sxEx6-M.jpg

M-Bars
820536900_sTMGD-M.jpg

fender

Street Tracker
They are but someone has already spoken for them. If that deal falls though there again available.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Fender,
Thanks for the comparison pics. I wasn't aware the Superbars had more pullback than the M-bar.

A quick question please. Do the stock bars have more pullback than the Superbars? ? Are the Superbars wider with less rise than the stock bars?
Your bike looks great.
Thanks.
PS: Lose the front reflector. ;)

Last edited:

henrys

Street Tracker
I love my m-bars. At first I put them in the low position and they were way too low for my tastes (felt like clip-ons). I flipped them over and they are perfect. It's almost like having two handlebars in one.

fender

Street Tracker
Sweet bike! Is that my old fender? Glad everything turned out well with our transaction

Thanks, that's my old fender which I bobbed long ago. I'm planning on turning that one into a fill FEK with different lighting on it. The one I got from you I'll be modifying slightly by removing material from the side to create a thinner side profile. I'll post up pics when I get to that.

fender

Street Tracker
Fender,
Thanks for the comparison pics. I wasn't aware the Superbars had more pullback than the M-bar.

A quick question please. Do the stock bars have more pullback than the Superbars? ? Are the Superbars wider with less rise than the stock bars?
Your bike looks great.
Thanks.
PS: Lose the front reflector. ;)

The stock bars have about 1" more pullback that the Superbars. There isn't much different in pullback between the MBars and Superbars. The Superbars are 29" wide and stock is 28.5". The best that I could measure on the rise difference is Superbars have about 1.5" less rise than stock.

820742579_bxgkH-M.jpg

820742504_XqYhY-M.jpg

820742531_6fArh-M.jpg

fender

Street Tracker
So, how'd the feel during and after the ride?..

They felt great, the mbars seem to be the perfect combo with the rearsets. I put on a little of 40 miles half of those ridding into a stiff headwind and the extra forward lean helped with the wind blast. I'll have to put on my Dart windscreen to see how that combination works.

I first tried the Superbars but with the stock controls my back still wasn't happy. I switched to the rearsets and that helped but wasn't quite right yet so I'm hoping that the mbar rearset combo is what I'm looking for.

fender

Street Tracker
I actually preferred my stock "mid" controls with the m-bars.

My lower back seems to always give me problems so it's about finding the right combination that works. For me the rearsets rotated the hips forward and produced less stress on the back ie straightening it out vs rounding it over while riding.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
My lower back seems to always give me problems so it's about finding the right combination that works. For me the rearsets rotated the hips forward and produced less stress on the back ie straightening it out vs rounding it over while riding.
Well said and releasing the hip flexors with rearsets brings back relief to many. Matching bar position in your search is also key. Many report great success with rearset/M-bar combo. If you think about it...rearset/M-bar combo is simply the forward rotation in profile of the std controls with stock handlebar. In your case the important thing is not ride a bar too low relative to your feet position...that's what puts pressure on the back. Kind of like riding a foot forward cruiser with drag bars ;)
Good luck with your rearset and M-bar combo and thanks for the concise bar comparison.

Last edited:

drmuonfunk

Scooter
Fender, if you don't mind me asking; how tall are you? I'm about to purchase mbars myself and was concerned about the riding position and lean. I'm 6'0.

fender

Street Tracker
5'11" my sleeve length for shirts is 34.5 and inseam is 32" That should give you a pretty good indication of the lean you will experience. No regrets at this point with a little over 6 miles on them.

fender

Street Tracker
They're Norman Hydes OEM ones from a Thruxton can be used but it's expensive and requires sourcing a lot of parts to complete. LSL also has a set that look good and are a little cheaper. I picked mine up from a forum member.

strokerlmt

I have to agree with you guys....after a year of messing around because of my neck I ended up with NH rear sets and Mbars. I really like the combination. I used to think sitting more upright helped my neck.....then I worked myself forward and 100 miles at a crack is ok now......
Nice thread.....
LMT

bonnaz

Scooter
I too have found the "M" bars were an excellent choice.
been thinking of getting the rear sets, but for now am content with using the rear pass. pegs when away from heavy congestion.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I replaced the stock bars on my '07 T100 w/ M bars last night.. I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet (it's apart), but I do like the way it sits.

More to follow..