Ace Hooigan Seat Latch Kit

I was looking through the "Wish List" and saw that there were a number of members who wished that Triumph made a hinged seat like the older Triumphs had. Well, I wanted one too. I have envisioned a project were you could make some storage space under the seat. The only thing getting in the way of this project was an easier way to get under the seat quickly. Farley and Ace did that for us in the form of this seat hinge kit. The kit works really well after you figure out where all the pieces go. The fitment was easy but the paint used could be better. I am going to pull the pieces and powdercoat them so they will look and wear better. I installed a seat stop cable on my seat to take the strain off the hinge when the seat is in the open position. This works well and looks Retro too.

Attachments

• Seat Latch Kit 002.jpg
    Seat Latch Kit 002.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Seat Latch Kit 003.jpg
    Seat Latch Kit 003.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Seat Latch Kit 004.jpg
    Seat Latch Kit 004.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Seat Latch Kit 005.jpg
    Seat Latch Kit 005.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1

D9

Vendor
Very cool... looks like there could be some room to stash...:D

Helluva garage, travelingtenor..!

Very cool... looks like there could be some room to stash...:D

Helluva garage, travelingtenor..!

The room will be available when I relocate a smaller battery and use the vacated space for storage.
I am a little anal and my "garage" is more like a showroom for my bikes.

Attachments

• Finished Garage 016 (Medium).JPG
    Finished Garage 016 (Medium).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Finished Garage 017.JPG
    Finished Garage 017.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Finished Garage 021.JPG
    Finished Garage 021.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 0

cafenoir900

VENDOR
The room will be available when I relocate a smaller battery and use the vacated space for storage.
I am a little anal and my "garage" is more like a showroom for my bikes.

I have used Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 Lithium Ion batteries with good results. About 1/3 the volume of the standard battery.

I have used Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 Lithium Ion batteries with good results. About 1/3 the volume of the standard battery.

Good choice. That is the battery that I am going to use. I have had a Shorai in my DR650 for over a year and it works great. No tender and I have done everything in my power to kill it. All I need is a new mounting area and a bracket to contain it.

sportyone

Street Tracker
I was looking through the "Wish List" and saw that there were a number of members who wished that Triumph made a hinged seat like the older Triumphs had. Well, I wanted one too. I have envisioned a project were you could make some storage space under the seat. The only thing getting in the way of this project was an easier way to get under the seat quickly. Farley and Ace did that for us in the form of this seat hinge kit. The kit works really well after you figure out where all the pieces go. The fitment was easy but the paint used could be better. I am going to pull the pieces and powdercoat them so they will look and wear better. I installed a seat stop cable on my seat to take the strain off the hinge when the seat is in the open position. This works well and looks Retro too.

nice, got a better close up foto of the hinge section and the fastner ?

em_dot

Street Tracker
Hey travelingtenor, that is a super nice garage.

What is the floor covering? Is it oil stain resistant? My garage is due for a makeover and I was going to epoxy coat the floor, but I like the look of your floor a lot.

Hey travelingtenor, that is a super nice garage.

What is the floor covering? Is it oil stain resistant? My garage is due for a makeover and I was going to epoxy coat the floor, but I like the look of your floor a lot.

It is a very good grade of indoor/outdoor carpeting and it is stain resistant. I have some mats that I am going to buy that will ensure that any oil or bike liquids don't make it to the carpet. Now that I have most of the work done I will work on installing a big screen t.v. that drops out of the ceiling and mount some good speakers for a surround sound effect. With the refrigerator, heat/air conditioning, and t.v., I will be able to spend lot's of time with my three favorite friends. The Bonneville, ZRX, and my DR.

rodhotter

Scooter
very nice, just like my old 70 bonnie minus the bad vibes. those guys have some neat stuff! maybe a roadtrip as its only 70 miles from my house