A Work In Progress

Bonniebret

Rocker
I've had my '05 Bonnie for seven years now and it's still going strong. It's evolved a lot since the day I brought it home and so have I. We're both a work in progress.

IMG_1644.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Definitely don't put it back on if it falls. I did that and got hit by a car less than a week later. Your bikes look shit-hot by the way!

kdlutes

Scooter
Nice bike! Now time for questions...
How about posting some more pics of the front view? What are you doing for the headlight? What tires? And why the red front mud guard?

Bonniebret

Rocker
Nice bike! Now time for questions...
How about posting some more pics of the front view? What are you doing for the headlight? What tires? And why the red front mud guard?

The headlight is from Dime City. The bezel was a heinous ghetto gold but I remedied that with some steel wool.

7rsc.jpg

The tires are Avon Roadriders on front and rear. Love 'em!

As for the front fender, I rode without one for years but since I've moved back to Portland I thought it would be a good idea to put one back on. It's a stock steel one that I cut down to smaller proportions.

The color is an oxide primer and was inspired by the ships in Star Wars.

IMG_1633.jpg

The seat is the stock one I had re-upholstered in metal flake because metal flake is cool.

IMG_0979.jpg

kdlutes

Scooter
Avon Roadriders

Would you mind sharing the sizes? I need new tires, don't know enough to sort through the many options, so would like to copy somebody and I like the look of yours. Are they bigger than stock?

Primer fender? Metal flake seat? That is cool!

Finally, I'll be in Portland for a couple of days next week. Any "must see" things you'd suggest? We are planning several visits to the food carts, and I'll have my two teenagers so will have to limit beer consumption.

Roger

Street Tracker
Bonniebret, that 5 3/4" headlight looks good with the brushed bezel. Not a fan of shiney here either, especially gold. Nice touch.

That front fender, it wants to be called a fender! I bet you have the cleanest oil cooler on all of NBR. I know how bad the rain and drizzle can get on the wet coast.

I like your bike. Functional makes it look faster. When you get a chance, please post a couple pics of the bike with the new seat on it.

Roger

Street Tracker
Yeah, me either. Nor do I get the whole 'rolling coal' thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../stephen-colbert-embraces-rolling-coal-video/

Regards,

--Rich

Sadly, here in Canada, we can't stream American content. And trying to find it on Comedy Central is like picking fly shit out of pepper. But we too have our fair share of 'tools' that feel obliged to fill our streets with clouds of black smoke. John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are my heroes :D

Sorry for going off on a tangent here Bonniebret.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Would you mind sharing the sizes? I need new tires, don't know enough to sort through the many options, so would like to copy somebody and I like the look of yours. Are they bigger than stock?

Primer fender? Metal flake seat? That is cool!

Finally, I'll be in Portland for a couple of days next week. Any "must see" things you'd suggest? We are planning several visits to the food carts, and I'll have my two teenagers so will have to limit beer consumption.

THANKS!

The rear one's larger than stock.

Avon RoadRider
Rear: 140/80-17
Front: 100/90-19

and I got them here...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/11289/i/avon-am26-roadrider-front-tire?vg=b8d2f9aa-7792-4fe4-cfd9-ed51d83dc5be&rm=t

As for things to see or do in PDX, you should definitely hit See See Motors.

http://www.seeseemotorcycles.com/