A ride report of sorts... My Enfield Broke

staplegun

Scooter
THERE WERE NO TRIUMPHS INJURED DURING THE RIDE...

Note some photos from past rides, but used for effect...

It starts with 80 miles of empty 2 lane my girlfriend riding my Royal Enfield, I am on my Triumph Bonneville.

586936628_BfMUe-M.jpg

We add 20 miles of (Twisties)

04645_imageMain400.jpg

And have a great lunch

315523382_Mop4W-M.jpg

10 miles into our ride on the way back, the Enfield lets loose with an interesting series of noises and dies.

This pic takes some imagination...
  • It is not in a rest area, but along the side of the empty 2-lane.
  • It is about 5,000 degrees (ok about 100), with no shade in the desert sun.
  • There is a wonderful array of tools on the side of the road being used to make it look like I know what I am doing.
  • My most wonderful girlfriend watching as I attempt to look like I know what I am doing and in good spirits.
  • A few minutes after I get tools put away it dawns on both of us that we should have taken pictures.
Remember use your imagination...

605459486_nfUdh-M.jpg

A phone call to a friend. 1 mile tow for Enfield. Girlfriend rides my Bonnie and falls in love. Bikes put away safely to be picked up in a few days.

Friend offers to give us a ride home. We accept. :woot: Was a quick ride...

605460054_nwKQ2-M.jpg

Call to another friend for a quick ride home from the airport.

FYI. I think the exhaust rocker arm has bent or broke in the Enfield. That is for another day.

All in All, it was a good day.

staplegun

Scooter
UPDATE:

Both bikes are home.

The cause of the problem was the exhaust pushrod. The rocker arm end was worn out. It is hard to say what caused the problem, the oil port on the rocker was blocked on push rod end so I am putting it down to a bad part from the factory.

The Royal Enfield is amazingly easy to work on, I had the cylinder head removed in under 15 minutes.