A quiet September 11th day

whyme

TT Racer
Not much going on today. Usually the ledge outside my window is filled with TV crews. Not today.

RIP 9/11 victims.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0

T-boy

Rocker
Watched the History channel special last night...it was like living it all over again. The horror of it all. Really made you appreciate how the firefighters, police, and people of New York City handled themselves during the chaos & confusion. R.I.P all the souls lost to this tragedy.

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
Yep. I watched that, too. I worked on the 74th floor, tower two, for years.
Still knew some guys there-they all got out safe that day. Unreal.

whyme

TT Racer
I stopped watching lately....still too disturbing. I've had a nightmare every so often where they read my name on the 11th and I'm really dead. My company was the largest tenet to have NOBODY killed that day...a miracle.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Me too, still too painful, too unsettling. Been jumpy and paranoid all week. Had a pain in my stomach and a tightness in my chest. On the 11th I watched a special on the construction of the new building instead. That helped to see that. When the construction on that is finally done, I'm going to just go there by myself on a quiet day and go to the top and sit and have a good cry and maybe tell myself its time to move on.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I think the embassy attacks on 9/11 were planned for that day. It seems like this conflict between Middle East and West will never end. Makes me sad..

I was just driving my semi under a hot load that day and checked with my folks to see they were doing OK. I initially thought is was an accident like the DC3 hitting the Empire State back in the 40s. Listened to the radio all day long. Didn't see all the pictures till that night. Like most of America I didn't get much sleep.