A long winter!

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Going on my first ride of 2010 today, been too long a winter in GA. First winter in 5 years I didn't build some kinda custom Bonnie, but I did my first major construction project! I enclosed a section of my wrap around porch to add a dining area to our home.

First had to build a proper support so I hired a local buddy to pour a slab and foundation wall.

Excavation, footers, slab, framing, bottom done!
CIMG2454.jpg

CIMG2464.jpg

CIMG2501.jpg

CIMG2506.jpg

CIMG2531.jpg

Last edited:

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Next was removal of the existing decking, adding the flooring, framing the walls and installing windows. Used Andersen Clad 4 X 4 awning windows to get the views in.

My helper!
CIMG2512.jpg

CIMG2510.jpg

CIMG2514.jpg

CIMG2519.jpg

CIMG2532.jpg

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Finished! With some added furniture from a good score on CL! A project bonnie woulda been cheaper and easier!

CIMG2745.jpg

CIMG2741.jpg

D9

Vendor
Another knock-out project! Great pics... beautifully done... what a gorgous place...JCW, you're a man with a plan. :D

rodburner

Rocker
Beautiful,John.
I saw the color on those tree's and thought,damn,your winter lasted through to autumn.
It's been crazy here,weather wise.Working outside,it seems to rain a lot,but according to the news,we had the best winter weather of the lower 48. 50's and 60's for much of Jan./Feb. and supposed to be low 70's today. I've been out riding dozens of times so far this "winter",thanks to El Nino and Al Gore.
:fight:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Damn looks good man! I know who to buzz if i ever come through for some riding! Hah, hotrod bonnie vs extra space. . .well there is always next year!

koifarm

Hooligan
Nice Job! It adds a whole new dimension to the room and looks gorgeous! Sure did like that old oak dining room table though...I have one very similar and love it....but the new room will be a great place for family and friends to gather and enjoy some great times!

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Nice Job! It adds a whole new dimension to the room and looks gorgeous! Sure did like that old oak dining room table though...I have one very similar and love it....but the new room will be a great place for family and friends to gather and enjoy some great times!

The old oak table is actually an english pub table - still have it, just seats four though, the wife insisted we need a bigger dining area and table. :fight3:

MES

750cc
Got her done! Your helper got to like that.

nice to see somebody with the skill and the get up and go to to pull that off.
seems like so many people these days can't do anything outside their field of work.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Got her done! Your helper got to like that.

nice to see somebody with the skill and the get up and go to to pull that off.
seems like so many people these days can't do anything outside their field of work.

Ha ha - that's me " jack of all trades, master of none. "

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Damn fine place there JCW. Congrats on a(nother) project well done. That's a classy lil' shack you have there.

Thanks Jeff, my idea home is a 10 car garage with an apartment on top, but we have to make compromises in life, at least us married individuals.

Thanks Jeff, my idea home is a 10 car garage with an apartment on top, but we have to make compromises in life, at least us married individuals.

hey, you and I have the same ideal home! I'd love to live in an apt on top of an old auto repair shop in downtown Austin.