A little dirt

GuyM

Street Tracker
My son and I spent some time together this weekend riding. Had a blast. He's got a little 1982 Yamaha XT250 and of course I've got the Scrambler. It was a great time here in central Washington! Yes, the 28 year old 250 is better than the Scram on rocky, bumpy roads...

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

Nick Morey

Rocker
Awesome! That Yamaha may be better in dirtier areas but at least you get the best of both worlds and you get to ride with your son, very cool! Beautiful pics I'm envious... :)

rodburner

Rocker
Hey, isn't the collector plate cutoff 25 years for bikes? No more tabs...I'm just sayin...
Looking forward to meeting up the week after next too.

GuyM

Street Tracker
Hmmm. I thought it was 30 years. Who knows?

Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to figure out time for a meet & cuppa coffee while you're here. A little chilly & windy lately.

Guy

nohawk

Rocker
Chilly or windy wouldnt bother me at all, you guys have so many bad ass places to ride up there. Great pictures

GuyM

Street Tracker
Thanks guys, it is a good place to live, lots of outdoor opportunities and four strongly distinct seasons. Many riders up here have at least a pair of bikes; something for dirt roads & trails, something bigger for the street. Might be a touring bike, or maybe a sport bike. Right now, I'm making the Scrambler do it all. And enjoying it!

Miles and miles of these old logging & mining roads through the Forest Service and BLM lands, all open to riding from the time the snow melts off - of course that can mean they're only passable six months of the year sometimes... A guy can get on one of those dirt roads and go many miles before hitting pavement again.

Glad to see my son enjoying his '82 Yamaha. He set aside a little money, and decided to get the little old bike as a starter. I'm not sure he's going to want to give it up when he gets something bigger in a year or two... As a Triumph owner, I hate to admit it, but he's looking hard at Sportsters!

Later, Guy

GuyM

Street Tracker
Not quite ready to let him take the Scram for a ride - he's still having some trouble riding well on his 250...

Maybe in a month or two...

Guy