32 and snow!

drlapo

Hooligan
32 degrees this morning, a bit of snow on the ground (eastern CT)
the bikes may go into hibernation a month early this year
the BMW wil stay on the road the longest as 50bhp is managable even with wet leaves on the reoad and the cockpit fairing keeps a lot of wind off me
I did not put the top down on the car on the drive home from the office last nite (October snow!)

whyme

TT Racer
We had some snow here in NJ late afternoon yesterday.

What is your usual hibernation drill?? Stabil? Oil in the cylinder? battery out?? Full gas tank? I was lazy with the little Hondas this past winter and everything was fine. I think I charged the battery. I have a quick connect on the one battery which makes it very easy.

What do you think about just starting it every month??

thanks

drlapo

Hooligan
each bike gets the same treatment
1. change oil and filter
2. oil in cylinders (fog the Speed Triple as the spark plugs are a pain to get out)
3. remove battery, on "trickle" charger all winter
4. wash and wax
5. plug exhaust and intake
6. air in tires
7. tires off the floor
8. cover with an old sheet
9. thorough inspection and "tweaks" all winter long: lube everyting, adjust everything
10. sit on them , watch TV and dream of summer
11. watch my diet so the leathers fit in spring

KingBear

Hooligan
Shitty weekend for me...

Fri
rain.png

41° | 40°

Sat
rain.png

41° | 39°

Sun
rain.png

44° | 35°

drlapo

Hooligan
bird hunting season starts at 7 am tomorrow. no matter what the weather I,m there with my Springer Spaniel and will take the next two weeks off and hunt everyday

it was in the mid 50s here this morning which is on the cold side for us this time of year. It should be a clear day with a high in the mid 70s, so guess what! I'm goin' ridin'!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I saw snow on the ground this morning. Yesterday driving home it was snowing... the jet stream dips and its like a switch is thrown, low pressure "noreasters" come in and they draw cold air from canada and moisture from the Atlantic and they just mix it like a huge wind machine right over us. Friggin things park off New England and you've got a good week of cold rain, snow wind... and if the dip in the jet continues, you just keep getting them. If the jet changes, and goes straight , it could be sunny and 70 degrees.. seriously we could be in for a couple hundred days of this crap, that and its dark and freezing cold when I get out of work..time to put the bikes on the trailer and head for FLA.

koifarm

Hooligan
Sprung

bird hunting season starts at 7 am tomorrow. no matter what the weather I,m there with my Springer Spaniel and will take the next two weeks off and hunt everyday

I love those Springers Doc, mine was a male named Rimfire Shureshot, or Rim for short, one of the best pheasant dogs I ever had, and could go flat out for a week without a break...wonderful dogs....

Big cold front just pushed through N FL about an hour ago, it's cooling down as I speak, into the 70's days, 50's at night...might have to wear a long sleeved T-shirt....:C

:sidecar:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Gonna hit the 70s over the weekend. I'll give it a go. I haven't winterized my bike cuz I'm able to get a ride in every month of the year (and yes, a few of em are a bit chilly).