3 days, 3 States, with 3 friends

Bonafide

NBR founder
Took some overdue time off this weekend and joined up with my bestfriends I've known since HS days. We rented one of coolest cabins I've been in to date - www.cyclecabin.com - It's geared towards motorcyclists. Has a lift, air compressor, cleaning supplies for bikes, etc. Sits right on Hwy 129 in Georgia in one of the coolest curves. Watching people scream thru there all hours of the day!

aug2008.jpg

I stuffed my camera in my tank bag, but didnt realize it had a dead battery til we were already on the road - so I dont have many pics from the weekend at all. :(

We took two full days in of riding some of the best roads the Southeast has to offer. Have to say, my favorite road of the weekend was Warwoman Rd coming out of Clayton, Ga to Hwy 28. It has some wicked switchbacks that incorp extreme changes of elevation while you're in them.

Other notable roads ridden, Hwy 180 and Hwy 60 (of course), Hwy 129 thru parts of Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina .. Hwy 197 in Georgia. Hwy 28 in Georgia and North Carlolina, The Foothills Pwy and Hwy 441 thru the Smokey Mountains park.

aug2008_2.jpg

Saturday morning breakfest at the infamous Big Bear Cafe in Gainsville, Ga. - the owner rides a 2001 Bonnie. ;)

aug2008_3.jpg

Hanging out along side the Soque river. The trout were visible in the river and some were as long as your leg! The house in the background is actually a old Mill that's been converted and used as a pottery business. http://www.markofthepotter.com/ - you can walk downstairs, underneath the shop, and see the old grind and workings still in place. The pottery was cool - but kinda expensive.

Thrux-ton-up joined us from Saturday's run. It was nice to have another Triumph along for the ride.

aug2008_4.jpg

Three days, three states, and my 3 best friends. We ended up putting about 700 miles just coming/going from the cabin. The guys rode in Thursday and headed back to the house this morning ... so they'll end up with over 1,000 total miles for the trip.

aug2008_5.jpg

DavidC

Rocker
Really nice photos of what must have been a great trip. And a motorcyclist cabin? Not too shabby.
Soon, I must point my Triumph south and ride the roads my southern brothers get to ride - the ones we let them keep because I'm a northern fella and we did, after all, win the war.LOL

Bonafide

NBR founder
So were we ... well, it was early by my standards. We left the cabin at 8am & came up from 129 from GA - about 80 miles from there to Deals Gap. We had breakfast at the resort - bought a T-shirt - let the guys who'd never seen it, pay homage to the Tree of Shame .. that sort a thing. Headed out afterwards at a moderate pace and still got stuck behind some slowass cruisers.

NEPatriots9

Scooter
Nice to see you get out and have some fun Dude, it must get old putting perps in the goose-neck-come-a-long all the time.

Real nice pics.

Bonafide

NBR founder
;) I havent used the goose-neck technique in 15+ years. It does work, but I can usually just smooth-talk someone these days into the cuffs. hehe

Me and these guys get together at least once a year like this. If it's not on asphault, it's in the dirt.

coal_creek_june06_3.jpg