270 Sound vs 360 Sound

Frank

Scooter
I have a 2009 Speedmaster. I've installed Emgo 32" Turn-outs, modified the air box (Hole in Bottom & no Tube), and Off-road computer Tune. I really miss the Old Triumph sound from my 2009 Bonneville - 360 degree crank vs the Speedmaster's 270 degree crank. Will elimination of the Exhaust Cross-over help this? Will anything help?

UPDATE to the 360 vs 270 degree sound problem: Installed straight 3 1/2" pipes, 36" long from the Exhaust Pipes!!! This produced an Excellent, Loud sound! Sounds fantastic! Neighbors aren't too crazy about it so I installed "Snuf-or-Nots" to get it out of the neighborhood and then let it Rip!

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Eliminating the crossover/balance pipe shouldn't do anything for you. It's the nature of the beast.

jyatesmp

Scooter
I have the 32" turnouts on my bike. I took out the crossover and I love the sound. No it will not bring back the 360 crank sound. I do think it still gives off a Thump. I like it and would say to do it.

kootenaylad

Scooter
From what other fellas say about the crossover pipe, it does improve the exhaust note... I'm about to put a plug in there and if I don't like it I'll just take it back out. I think at least the bike will produce two distinct notes, one from each side rather than have one cylinder exhaust out both pipes. I've read concerns about this mod causing performance issues but the consensus is that if yer running open pipes, is shouldn't make any difference.

jyatesmp

Scooter
Unless you are racing or putting it on a dyno then you will feel nothing different. You will hear each cylender fire on that side of the bike. Little more sound little different note....I did the change like the differance. Others said the sound is for the better. If you do loose any power you will not notice it on the road...and my MPG did not change