2009 IOM TT Races

BonnieLass

Uncensored
What I did on my summer vacation...

Let’s see… we went to a museum, and a castle; we saw the world’s largest working waterwheel, and we visited a lady who breeds tailless cats; we went to a Red Hot Chilli Pipers concert… oh, and we saw a lot of motorcycles go really, really fast.

Eat your hearts out friends… my hubby took me to the 102nd Isle of Man TT races! Run over 37.75 miles of roads, with railroad tracks, gravel, hairpin turns, traffic circles, and a lot of stone walls, it is absolutely amazing to see. This year’s winner averaged 131.578 mph.

The course... we stayed with a family outside of Ramsey near mile marker 23.
mountaincourse1990_Present%20gif.ashx

One of BlueJ's pics - just a couple o' blokes out for a dash
DSC_7356_x25.jpg

And one of mine (some blue-haired guy kept getting in my photos)
DSC_1731_web.jpg

and here's one for OregonThruxton...
DSC_2180_web.jpg

Here’s the album so far…

Carnation

Street Tracker
Aye...proper racing, that is.

The North West 200 is another good party with road racing thrown in.

You got some great pictures there.

Last edited:

BonnieLass

Uncensored
Shot on “Mad Sunday” 2006, a non-race day when the track is open to anyone who wants to ride/drive it at whatever pace that want. This is a guy on a GSXR750K3, going south from the town of Ramsey (around mile marker #24 near where we stayed) to Creg-ny-Baa pub (#34) along the Mountain Road (which is normally a two-way road, but it’s only one-way on Mad Sunday).

Bikecam view of part of the TT course

At Minute 5:15 he blasts through “Bungalow” a train station on top of the mountain and goes under an elevated walkway. We spent the morning of June 8th at Bungalow for the 1000cc class.

This is just an amateur doing about a third of a lap… the pros run all out for 3-6 laps. The 1000cc winner did 6 laps in just over 1.75 hours, averaging 127.9mph. Last place rider took 2 hrs and 8min, averaging 106+mph. The sidecar winner did 4 laps at 115mpg+.

Anyone interested in going next year?? (to watch! Not to ride)
Cheers!

Bonniebret

Rocker
I've been watching IOM TT on DiscoveryHD. Amazing. My wife was even so taken by the scenery that I caught online her looking into vacations there next year. One can only hope.:up:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
.. so taken by the scenery that I caught online her looking into vacations there next year.

You'll want to check out www.iomtt.com, then. And go ahead and book some lodging NOW - there are only enough hotel rooms on the Isle for about 1/2 the people that show up - everyone else stays in Homestay (like we did). Things fill up very very fast - you can always cancel later!

And, yeah, it was stunningly beautiful. The people (all 80,000 of them) were nice, too. And proud of their heritage. We found out that just a few years ago the Isle of Man celebrated the ONE THOUSANDTH anniversary of their parliment - the longest continuously running representative government on the planet! WOW!