2009 Bonnie any rider impressions yet?

casper

Two Stroke
I came across this pair of 2009 Bonnevilles and thought they looked nice; I know the com-star wheels are a matter of personal preference (or not), but I think the whole package looks nice, in my opinion.

The pipes look nice and I hope they sound good in stock OE form? If anyones got a 2009 Bonneville what is your overall impression in terms of ride and sound etc?

I have a 2006 Scrambler which I still quite like (with the TORs); picture of it on my website...

http://www.freewebs.com/bonnevilles/index.htm

Casper

2009Bonnie3.jpg

2009Bonnie2.jpg

drlapo

Hooligan
COM STAR wheels!
I remeber those Honda disasters
the rivits would loosen and the wheel would wooble
a "Mag" wheel that loosened up just like a spoked wheel
now that's progress
and oh my god they were ugly!!!

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I had a '78 Gold Wing and a '81 CX500D, both w/ Comstars. I never had any problems with the rivets working loose, and I put a lot of miles on those bikes.

Back the late 70s and early 80s Comstars were the hot ticket.

CAPTDON

Street Tracker

They look nice! I sure hope they havent "cheapened" them uo too bad w/ all the plastic!! No exp w/ yet but I will when thwe chance arrives. Till then my 04 is just fine!

TONIO

moped
Hi, Im New In This Forum.
I Dont Write Very Well English Cause I Live In Europe , In Spain.
I Bought A Bonnie 2 Years Ago, 2008 Age Model, And I Love My Bike.
As Soon As See The New Bonneville , I Dont Like It So Much, Its Like Triumph Would Like To Refresh The Bike, I Prefer My Wheel And The Rear I Dont Like So Much, And I Prefer My Pipes Too.
Thank You.

But

Carnation

Street Tracker
Hi, Im New In This Forum.
I Dont Write Very Well English Cause I Live In Europe , In Spain.
I Bought A Bonnie 2 Years Ago, 2008 Age Model, And I Love My Bike.
As Soon As See The New Bonneville , I Dont Like It So Much, Its Like Triumph Would Like To Refresh The Bike, I Prefer My Wheel And The Rear I Dont Like So Much, And I Prefer My Pipes Too.
Thank You.

But

Your English is way better than my Spanish. Welcome!

So would I be

Yes, they pretty well are X, both same cc and no EFI . Have tried to contact you heaps X. Just love what you have done with bike display of Aniversary, and yr 69 is a real drool machine, check yr messages.
Anyway getting off subject. From what I have read the 09 has had nothing but positive feedback.

Carnation

Street Tracker
Could be but I'm sure they run the same. Basically, with the exception of the wheels, I believe the bikes are functionally identical aren't they?

No I don't believe so.

The 09 cast wheel bike has a 17" front wheel, a 35mm lower and narrower seat, steeper steering angle, weighs 5kg less and has different bars.

I'd expect those differences to make a big...difference.

Last edited:

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Yes, they pretty well are X, both same cc and no EFI . Have tried to contact you heaps X. Just love what you have done with bike display of Aniversary, and yr 69 is a real drool machine, check yr messages.
Anyway getting off subject. From what I have read the 09 has had nothing but positive feedback.
No messages received from you so far.
Try emailing me directly at
[email protected].
Sincerely,
Grant