2007 Scrambler, NEW to me!

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Hi, first post. My name is Jim, and I am a recovering, not, motorcycle junkie!

Group-Bikes-1.jpg

Bikes-1.jpg

Bikes-2.jpg

My GS wont even fit now!

Anyhow, just got home from picking up my new Scrambler. Great bike! =D> =D>

2007 with black paint, aftermarket exhaust, K&N desnorkled and jetted, Tach, Flyscreen, Gel Seat, and GPS mount. Only 2300 miles on it, I just added 50.

1st-right2.jpg

1st-left.jpg

I love the power, rated half my GS, it feels like most of it, 50 pounds lighter and less crap it handles pretty good, though the Dunlop tires kinda suck, and the only bad is the front brake rotor is warped. Fortunately it still has a bit of warranty!

Jim :brow

PS It WILL get lots of farkles, and maybe a blue tank. Not sure about the police black and white yet.

dave1068

Two Stroke
Good luck w/ the Scrambler. You dont see too many w/ the b&w tank. Throw on some black pinstripes on the front fender to highlight it.

Is that an 82 yamaha seca turbo 650 i see along w/ a honda ascot? Stay safe and enjoy the bike

Dave-

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
:welcome: Nice pics, you are indeed a motorcycle junkie. Good to see you finally picked the right one! lol. Scrambler looks good in black & white. :cheers:

gcrider

Street Tracker
Welcome aboard. I dig the black & white - I've actually thought of doing it myself. Lends a desert racer vibe to the bike somehow. Dig through the Scrammie forum - lots of good info/tips there.

KingBear

Hooligan
Great job Jim, welcome aboard. That's quite a stable you have there. :cheers:

Question: what's a farkle? :confused:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Great job Jim, welcome aboard. That's quite a stable you have there. :cheers:

Question: what's a farkle? :confused:

Thanks, it is a fun bike, and lots of potential for "farkles"!:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_farkle

The word Farkle belongs to the vernacular of the North American motorcyclist, and refers to accessories or the act of accessorizing a motorcycle.

Farkles may include any accessories but especially those intended to increase the function of a motorcycle -- vs. those intended to glamorize (i.e. if an accessory is chromed, it is probably not a farkle - see Bling.)

Examples include items that do not arrive as standard equipment on the motorcycle, such as Radar detectors, GPS systems, heated grips, satellite radios, highway pegs, or top and side cases.

Jim :cool:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Good luck w/ the Scrambler. You dont see too many w/ the b&w tank. Throw on some black pinstripes on the front fender to highlight it.

Is that an 82 yamaha seca turbo 650 i see along w/ a honda ascot? Stay safe and enjoy the bike

Dave-

I actually intend to stripe the fender. It looks like an old police bike, and I like that!

Yes, that is an 82 Yamaha Seca Turbo, my 4th. Unfortunately, as you can see, my stable is full, so the Turbo is up for sale. :(

Jim :cool: