1st Mod Yellow Headlight Bonneville

grindal

Scooter
]Yes, my first mod.

Went to a local car-shop to get a retro-style yellow head light.
1st shop didn't had them but the 2nd store found one somewhere in the back of the shop! (they are getting rare out here to get)
Before
picture.php

After
picture.php

so today, at a nice temperature i started to install the new headlight bulb; the H4 GOLD headlight... and indeed it does give me a yellow shine, but i'm curious what the effect will be at night!....

Tomorrow morning, my ride to work will give me the results! :)

Also iv'e put some silicon-spray on my bike because there expecting some snow this evening and later this week temperatures -13°C... pfff it's going to be cold on the bike .. . brrrrr

but what the hell, ... you don't buy a bike to put it in the garage all the time!

ps: i've also recorded the sound of the engine with a good mike! so sound quality is pretty good... => see website

http://users.telenet.be/grindal/

Last edited:

Delbert

Two Stroke
Looks cool, and it will make people notice you, but I feel that the yellow lamp won't give you the intensity you need at night to see well with, due to how low on the color lighting spectrum yellow is. Most everybody I see with yellow lights here in the US use them as auxsillary(sp) lighting for fogs.
Del

grindal

Scooter
there are still some old cars here with standard yellow headlights, like mercedes or 2CV (Citroën) so i don't think the yellow collor will be a problem.

A friend of mine once went on a bike trip with an old Norton bike who had also a yellow headlight ( standard on the bike)

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Yes...Amber/Yellow is legal, at least in Oregon...you'll see them around here (Northwest) used on highway lights...They don't offer any forward vision (as a primary headlight)...well, just barely. They are mostly used by Northwest riders to attract attention in foul weather over standard "white" lights. Some of the cruiser guys my Ole'Man rides with have just one, most of the time on the left fork...and only use it at night/shitty weather along with the headlight.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Yeah, I've gotta agree what others have said. It looks cool but I'd be seriously concerned about it actually working as a headlight at night.

ivar

TT Racer
Yeah, I've gotta agree what others have said. It looks cool but I'd be seriously concerned about it actually working as a headlight at night.

I agree, looks cool but the stock lens / reflector don't give much output to begin with. I just bought a replacement Hella reflector/lens to get better lights.