1972 Bonneville T120RV

b717doc

Scooter
Had first succesful ride on my 1972 Triumph T120RV yesterday, she ran perfectly, with no 'significant" leaks...This project started nearly 3 years and $4000 ago. I've learned EVERYTHING the hard way, but all worth it, to me, anyway.

Had first succesful ride on my 1972 Triumph T120RV yesterday, she ran perfectly, with no 'significant" leaks...This project started nearly 3 years and $4000 ago. I've learned EVERYTHING the hard way, but all worth it, to me, anyway.

I almost posted "BULLSHIT" then I noticed the word "significant".
Well done, enjoy the classic.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Great work, doc. Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience of the project, now go enjoy riding the motorcycle.

Love to see some pics of your project.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Crazy ain't it, to think that back in the '70's you could have bought 2 of them for that price! Now you'd have to have twice that to get one. Would love to see some pictures, that is the year I fell in love with Triumph's Bonnevilles.

koifarm

Hooligan
The 72's were pretty nice, I had a 71, bought new, had TT pipes and short apehangers otherwise stock. Nice bike, I kinda miss the kick starters now and then....she would do 110 if you let her have her head....
Please post a pic, mine was the gold and black version...

001_1bonneville71-1.jpg

Last edited:

b717doc

Scooter
Front brakes..NONEXISTENT....Rear brakes will stop you, if you have about a hundred feet, neither will even come close to locking wheels. Since that first post up there, I have attended the BritBike.com 3 state mountain ride, a loop of about 212 miles. Then attended the "Brits in the Blue Ridge" rally in Hiawassee, Georgia last month. Me and the bike learned ALOT about each other during that time, but she never let me down. Approaching 1000 miles now, still runs flawlessly!