1087 SFS Up and running

agro

Scooter
i had the cam gears both ways they dont help or hurt i put mine back on.I didnt like the sound.As far as the crank goes takeing the balance shafts out works good argo most motors dont have them .The only thing they help with is at very low rpm(like at idle) at 2500 rpm + my bike is smoother then stock ,stock motors are not balanced that well,they use the shafts as a cheap fix .they allso use them on some lawn mower motors thy make it rev slower and allso slow down slower .with out the shafts it feels more like a old twin or HD at idle thats kinda cool

Did BP balance up the crank, got any pics of the balanced crank?

Bottle_Fed

Two Stroke
Yep

Picture024-1.jpg

Intake port

Picture007-1.jpg

Greg

MOSES

750cc
Dammit Phil, your avatar had me trying to poke the screen to kill it ... LOL My son was like Dad, dad kill that bug !

mikenva

Rocker
argo mine looks like gergs .With twin motors you get 1/2 the power pluses, at low speeds you get with a in line 4,you can feel the motor fire like old hds and triumphs what those heavy shafts do is cover that up they dont really cure any out of balnce in crank rods or piston hell there very crude made to say the lest once rpm gets up the pluses smooth out heck at 60 to 70 mph if i couldnt hear mine i wouldnt know it was running hands dont go to sleep like it did with the stock motor on long trips.

lOOKS LIKE IT IS JUST A MATTER OF PREFERENCE,IF BALANCE SHAFTS ARE IN OR OUT. I CAN SAY IT, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ON THE DYNO ON THE BACK LASH GEARS. I DO BELIEVE NO COUNTER BALANCER WOULD INFACT HELP IN SPOOLING UP THE POWER, MAYBE UPPER HP #S WILL INCREASE. THANKS FREDDY

Vendor
1087 Update

Replace 813 cams for shim under bucket cams (more lift and duration), and a custom module( revs to 8500 RPM's and custom timing).
These was the last dyno run with the current Thruxton headers and street Dominators and 39 FCR's.
We gain 1 RWTQ and almost 7 RWHP.
Great conditions today:
67 degrees
30.8 Air Pressure
58.8 humidity
Now it's time to start to play with the last stage of mods ( exhaust and carburetors).
Here is the dyno run:

IMG-4.jpg

Phil-1100

Scooter
Carlos,
Excellent results, the SUB cams are they special purpose or going to be a off the shelf item. I am very interested in both the SUB and the 813's. If you want to part with the 813's e-mail me
Thanks
Phil

Vendor
Carlos,
Excellent results, the SUB cams are they special purpose or going to be a off the shelf item. I am very interested in both the SUB and the 813's. If you want to part with the 813's e-mail me
Thanks
Phil

Thank you Phil!
The SUB cams are off the shelf item as well as the 813's.
Sorry I don't have the my 813's anymore.
If you like more info feel free to mail me.
Thanks again!

Vendor
First Run with 2 into 1's

Went to the dyno again today! This time the only change is 2 into 1 D &D exhaust system. Did only 1 run, it has a mid range issue from lean to way too rich back to normal, and it was running rich in the main jet as well. Need to go with a different needle and 1 size less main jet. Nevertheless it picks 4.7 RWTQ and an outstanding 8.6 RWHP. here is the run:

IMG-5.jpg

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Went to the dyno again today! This time the only change is 2 into 1 D &D exhaust system. Did only 1 run, it has a mid range issue from lean to way too rich back to normal, and it was running rich in the main jet as well. Need to go with a different needle and 1 size less main jet. Nevertheless it picks 4.7 RWTQ and an outstanding 8.6 RWHP. here is the run:

IMG-5.jpg

I am now officially afraid of this motorcycle.

:flag: