10 reasons to install the center stand for Bonneville

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
20120414.jpg

Not all the motorcycles are perfect. As to Bonneville, several items are missing that are normally installed for other motorcycles, such as hazard light, mechanic tools, space under the seat, and center stand. Regarding the center stand, I have had Norman Hyde center stand (HYDE CENTRE STAND for ALL T100 & BONNY to ’08, Part Number: HBK133) installed on my Bonneville (For 2009 on Bonneville and SE smaller cast wheel models see HBK533). I believe that Norman Hyde provides center stand at the cost less than Triumph but with full functions.

20120414b.jpg

I thought myself why Bonneville needs the center stand. Here is the list of my top 10 reasons!
- Making it easier to clean the drive chain and wheel
- Making it easier to examine the tire conditions
- Making it easier to check the tire pressures
- Making it easier to check/change the engine oil
- Making it easier to park at the limited/unstable spaces
- Making it easier to balance the luggage on the seat
- Making it easier to remove/attach the rear wheel
- Making it easier to do maintenance of the front
- Making it easier to take a nap on the seat
- Making it easier to eat rice balls (hamburger) while sitting on the seat

Well, anything else?

whyme

TT Racer
So your 12 year old daughter doesn't knock your bike over trying to take a selfie.

This weekend:
Daughter says "dad can I turn around backwards on the seat" Dad says "no it tips over easy"

Dad walks to driveway to start other bike and hears scream from 12 year old knocking over my fucking bike!!

luckily it didn't fall on her and landed in some much garage holdings and did not get damaged

D9

Vendor
Roadmanbo - great list - my favorite is
<Making it easier to eat rice balls (hamburger) while sitting on the seat>

<So your 12 year old daughter doesn't knock your bike over trying to take a selfie.?>
d'oh! :bug: glad she wasn't hurt!

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
whyme-san,
Yes, I am also glad that your daughter was OK!
When my son was much younger, I had been very careful about not to let him be nearby the motorcycle especially at “hot” conditions, as I often got burned during maintenance.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Dear D9-san,
Thank you. When I was staying in the U.S. for more than 20 years ago, I had a BigMac in my hand while sitting on Kawasaki Z750!

whyme

TT Racer
Dear roadmanbo-san,

yes thank you...she was not hurt....but she should get her butt spanked for not listening.

I'd much rather eat Japanese food on my bike than a Big Mac...yuk!.....mmmmm sushi.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
whyme-san,
Well, children are made of a lot of curiosity...
I just would like to tell you that, at Shizuoka where I live, we can get the best fatty meat of Tuna (“OOTORO”) !

whyme

TT Racer
roadmanbro-san.

mmm...sounds good!! I go tuna fishing here and have had a lot of really fresh tuna..sometimes right on the boat! I have had the ootoro ( we say toro?) very good...

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
B06Tang-san, yes! indeed.
It looks like many pros to have center stand. Any cons?…perhaps adding more weight and compromising the bank angle to some degrees? I guess nothing significant for the normal use.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
whyme-san,
Yes, “ootoro” means fatty tuna which differs from “toro” (tuna) with respect to the fat contents. Well, I am beginning to crave SUSHI perhaps this weekend!