09 Black

ricky

Street Tracker
I know that there are many threads on the new f.i. models, including the Bonnie Black, so bare with me for a moment.
I stopped by the dealer. This is something I never do. In fact, the last time I was there was Aug?
Come to find out they are having an open house on Sat. That's free food, good!
I started looking at the Bonneville Black. I mean really looked at it.
Thruxton pipes... but not as high. I like!
Low seat... in the garbage that goes and on goes my Corbin!
17 inch wheels & tires? Too cool! RADIALS EVEN!!!
Now comes the part that got to me.
Mag wheels.
In the pictures I've seen, I thought they looked like crap. :lame:
Typical UJM $5 dollar specials.
Now in person... it's a whole new game.
I left there with numbers going through my head. "Let's see, they want $7299 for theirs. I wonder what I can get for mine? Would they want mine? Crap, what to do... what to do..."
DAMN IT!
url

ricky

Street Tracker
I guess I should say up front that I've always liked mags.
Low to no maintenance.
No flexing.
No tubes.
Use of radials.
Road side quick fixes.
And when they look good, well that seals the deal for me.

With the 17" both front and back, that opens it up to almost every tire made!

ps. I do like how spokes look... on other peoples bikes. :)

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
Had my fill of spoke bikes, pulling wheels and all that in the rain at night yadda yadda yadda so I got the mag one. Quick patch and off we go-works for me now. Still love the classis laced look, though!

KingBear

Hooligan
Yeah, I'd like to keep my spokes but with all the advantages of the mags. I know it can be had, but at what price?

I had my first look at the new style last week, and I also agree that the wheels look better "in the flesh" than in the pictures, although I prefer my taller Bonnie for height reasons.

Iceseven

750cc
I saw one a while back and like the black tank with decal, also like the front rotor, I really like the mags but prefer the larger wheels and especially the 19" front like the Meriden 79 Special.

At a price of $7299 that is a good deal!

triumph_750.jpg

Last edited:

Bigted

Two Stroke
All I can say is....WOW...that is a nice looking bike there iceseven....again...all I can say is ...WOW (steve martin)...

I am also coming around to the new 09 with the mags...but man the one above is beautiful...
Ted

Two Stroke
I like it, overall, well enough...Hmmm. I wonder who is going to be the first to put these new mags on the previous generation Bonnies. I would really like those wheels on my 07.

ricky

Street Tracker
I like it, overall, well enough...Hmmm. I wonder who is going to be the first to put these new mags on the previous generation Bonnies. I would really like those wheels on my 07.

Too much $$$.
I already checked into it.

Needs the following:

lower fork tubes
fender
fork legs

Then I didn't even check the brakes... :chair: