2002 Cobalt Blue Bonneville

jphickory

Banned
Has anyone seen or know anything about the factory painted cobalt blue Bonneville?

This is my 2002. I have never read about or seen this color combo in any posts. Just wondering why - I'm guessing it wasn't very popular or common. It was purchased new in Missouri.

Attachments

• CIMG0111crop2.jpg
    CIMG0111crop2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0

jphickory

Banned
I don't know nothing about blue paint on 2002 Triumphs but, I do know you have a nice looking Bonnie.

Thanks! Set mine up as a roadster. It is awesome for my girl and I. Put our lunch, breakdown fishing rods and lures in the bags and ride the Bonnie to our favorite streams to wade fish - a perfect day for me.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks! Set mine up as a roadster. It is awesome for my girl and I. Put our lunch, breakdown fishing rods and lures in the bags and ride the Bonnie to our favorite streams to wade fish - a perfect day for me.
that's what it's all about. You got to love the versatility of these machines.

Was it purchased new by you, and what month 02 is it?
I am not aware of any cobalt blues in 02 but the the US market did get a lot of bikes (such as 02 790cc T100 thats not a centennial)

Nice tho

attachment.php

jphickory

Banned
Which Fairing do you have mounted? Is that a parabellum or anther brand?

Cheers, Joe

It is a Parabellum Scout with 18" shield. I'm 6 feet tall and I just see over the shield. When I first installed it and went for a test ride I thought momentarily that something was wrong with the bike or I had forgot my helmet. It felt and sounded that different - major reduction in wind noise and wind load. I ride now with my 3/4 hemlet and no ear plugs. Very satisfied with the performance of the Scout. I think the bike looks better without it but when considering the positive change in my riding experience since installation... its staying on.

jphickory

Banned
Was it purchased new by you, and what month 02 is it?
I am not aware of any cobalt blues in 02 but the the US market did get a lot of bikes (such as 02 790cc T100 thats not a centennial)

Nice tho

attachment.php

I bought it used in 2006 with 1200 miles on the clock from an older gentleman.
He bought it new in 2002 in St. Louis, Missouri at Donelson Cycles. One time I searched Cobalt Blue Bonneville on google and there was a guy in PA, I think, that had a cobalt blue bike just like mine. He described it as a rare color scheme for the Bonnie. I don't know how you tell what month 2002 it is; if you can explain I'll look and post. Thanks

Neducati

Two Stroke
The only factory colors the US spec Bonneville came in during model year 2002 were Scarlet Red and Silver, Forest Green and Silver, and Sky Blue and Silver (shown below).

02bonnielge.jpg

I can not find any record of a Cobalt Blue being available for ME 2002. However in ME 2004, there were some new colors for the T100 including Jet Black and Opal White, Sapphire Blue and Opal White and Goodwood Green and Aztec Gold. The Sapphire Blue looks close to your Cobalt Blue.

A094.jpg

Last edited:
great info ned. But tho I also cannot find info on other 02 colours (other than 3 you mentioned) There are many members here who have other 02 model T100 790cc colours. A similar thread to this came up regarding the T100 centennial being the only 02 model in one colour. This discrepancy appears to be the case only in the US. As I know no others in UK or Australia that are not the 3 colours you mentioned.

But the 02 bonneville (not T100) Does appear to have only been available in 3 colours.

Re telling month of bike that should show on the plate at front.

Last edited:

jphickory

Banned
Just looked and my bike was manufactured Nov 2001. It is Cobalt Blue and I did see a picture of another one on the net described as same. Since the Hinkley plant had the massive fire March 15, 2002 - I'm guessing they may have had a short run of this color.

jphickory

Banned
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translat...bonneville.htm&lp=it_en&.intl=us&fr=yfp-t-701

In my quest to find some information regarding the cobalt blue & silver paint scheme - I found this web site. Translation is poor but you can see under the 2002 year that cobalt blue and silver is mentioned and that there were no official factory photos of those specific colors.

Wish I knew how many were made. Still thinking the fire halted the run and that they never returned to it. Sorry if this is boring to most - to me its just another interesting detail about these awesome motorcycles.

jphickory

Banned
I saw one just like it on craigs list last week.strange coincidence after reading your post

Are you sure it wasn't the 2002 sky blue/silver paint model? I saw one of those last week on craigslist in CA. I think that color is relatively uncommon too.

Hey Hick
Thanks for yr pm, and if find anything out I will certainly let you know. Decided to reply on thread tho, as this may interest you and others as it was a similar discussion.
(Tho 1087 shot me down in flames ! He was right I was wrong :)

Here is link http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2769&page=2
The thread never started on other colours for 02, but you know how these things meandle. Anyway may help you.

Last edited:

scottslob

Scooter
Are you sure it wasn't the 2002 sky blue/silver paint model? I saw one of those last week on craigslist in CA. I think that color is relatively uncommon too.

I have seen that one too.. both on craigs list Inland empire Ca. I would bet the cobalt blue guy has no idea how rare the color is.