Eeek Guns!

Gretsch

Rocker
Knock Down or Stopping Power Myth?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erYyDOFai1I&feature=related

So, does this chicky have a point or is this bullshit? Or are we that offended by how small our dicks are and just gotta have the biggest bullet to feel like a man?

Caliber preference is something that boarders on religion for some folks. I generally agree with her. I don't want to get shot with anything.

The best advice I've ever heard is that if there's a 0-1% chance that you might be in a gunfight you should have a pistol with you. If there's a 1% or greater chance you'll be in a gunfight bring a rifle or shotgun and ALL your friends and their long guns.

KingBear

Hooligan
Caliber preference is something that boarders on religion for some folks. I generally agree with her. I don't want to get shot with anything.

The best advice I've ever heard is that if there's a 0-1% chance that you might be in a gunfight you should have a pistol with you. If there's a 1% or greater chance you'll be in a gunfight bring a rifle or shotgun and ALL your friends and their long guns.
True dat! The ONLY advantage handguns have over long guns is portability and concealability. I disagree with her "carry the largest caliber you can shoot comfortably [and proficiently]." I say, "Carry the gun you are actually willing to carry." I can shoot a .44 magnum quite well, but I'm not willing to strap that boat anchor onto my belt and walk around with it every day. Many people go to the trouble to get a CCW permit and carry a gun for a few weeks, then realize what an absolute pain in the ass it is to have a gun on you all the time, and they quit carrying. When I lived in Arizona where it was really hot during the summer I spent my days wearing shorts and T-shirts. It'd have been a pain having to dress in such a way that I could conceal a 1911. My point is, the .32 you have in your pocket will protect you better than the .45 you left in your safe at home.

Some firearm instructors used to say much the same thing as the chick in the video, "Bullets don't work!" meaning it is your training and tenacity that will win the fight, not your gun.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, I just don't know. There's a new RIFLE out called the Circuit Judge, a Rossi/Taurus job. I lusted after a judge and got one. Now this...

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0

KingBear

Hooligan
I can't remember if Rossi is owned by Taurus or if they just have a licensing/manufacturing agreement [Edit - they do own Rossi]. I saw the Judge carbine, it doesn't do anything for me but it seemed to generate a lot of attention.

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
Here's me at the Magpul Tactical Rifle 1 & 2 class... I'm the good looking guy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Magpul Training Class.jpg
    Magpul Training Class.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
I looked, and I looked, and I looked, for the good look looking guy, then I figured I couldn't find him because I'm not gay, just some blokes with guns.

Gretsch

Rocker
I looked, and I looked, and I looked, for the good look looking guy, then I figured I couldn't find him because I'm not gay, just some blokes with guns.

:lol: We have a winner! Everyone who guessed by looking for "the good looking guy" needs to spend more time on the babes on bikes thread.

Clarke

Scooter
Mini-14

Hey Cyn, I just sold my Mini-14, Ranch Rifle. They are nice for the price. More like a short Sporting rifle than a "Tactical" rifle, depends on what you like. Inserting the magazine requires a front to back sort of angle movement, not as natural as some rifles. The mags. do not come out as easy as well, if you are use to an AR-15/M-16, or similar type rifle. I am saving for a package deal we get through work on a Rock River Arms. If you have the extra money I would get something more fun to shoot. Have fun with whatever yo buy!