Added MBars

fender

Street Tracker
I replaced the stock bars on my '07 T100 w/ M bars last night.. I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet (it's apart), but I do like the way it sits.

More to follow..

Did you have any problems with getting the clamps tight enough? I needed to add some shims (cut a few strips of a soda can) to get them so they wouldn't move after being tightened down.

fender

Street Tracker
I did not.. wonder why you did.. Did you use Norman Hyde's M bars?

There the Norman Hyde M bars. I saw a old post from sweatmachine on the other site saying that he had to shim it also. That's where I got the idea to use strips from a soda can. Mine's an 05' w/ 1" bars.

I just got my Norman Hyde M-bars from Brent at NewBonneville. I currently had the superbars that came along with the bike when I purchased it, so that's all the experience that I have known. I'm a whopping 5'6"-ish and with the M-bars on, I'm lovin' it. I had no backpains with the superbars. The superbars are actually not bad and, but I found that with my personal specs: 5'6"-ish and 28 inseam the m-bars were really comfy. I found that with the superbars I had to get off the bike some to push while in the twisties with my lack of length arms. With the m-bars it was a breeze. Anyhow, my two cents worth for those with short arms.

strokerlmt

Mr E.....I agree....I have Mbars, I'm 5.9 with 30 inseam....just did 600 miles over the weekend.....very comfortable.
LMT

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam, and I'm rocking the Modre peg lowering kit with my M bars and love them. Have done 10 hour days on the bike, and it's my brain and my ass that hurt, not my arms. The Lass runs stock bars, WAY too PeeWee Herman for my taste. I've got a set of NB Superbars that I tried for 3 minutes and have been too damn lazy to post on the classifieds....