Laid her down...

koifarm

Hooligan
Scars?

Glad you are ok and the damage is minimal. Remember, "chicks dig scars!" Get better.

Hmmm Cynr, I was just thinking about what you posted and I figured I must be a major "scar babe magnet" considering I have, at last count, 130 inches of surgical scars on my bod...
Not going in to where they are but they are there....
I'm keeping a lookout for those babes though...maybe a T-shirt with something like "Have scars, will share!" or "Ask me about my scars!" or something catchy........any ideas?

nwraindevil

Two Stroke
Sorry Bear to hear about your recent slab-n-grab. I am glad you are going to be ok. Lots to be thankful for. Peace Out.

Uncle Fat

Scooter
Wow.. sorry to hear about the drop.. Have you had an estimate done? The damage sounds a lot like what happened to my Speedy when I had my low-speed get-off a year or so ago. Looked like nothing much (except for the bent shifter ) Still cost (the other guy's) insurance company $3000 to fix it. Hope your injuries are healing up!

KingBear

Hooligan
I just got off the phone with Fredericktown Triumph, total cost for the shifter peg and headlight bracket is $62.50, should be here by Thursday. I guess if I wanted to replace everything including the muffler I could file an insurance claim, but even then after the deductible and the risk of them jacking up my rates it just isn't worth it. I'll just suck it up and take it like a man.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

I just got off the phone with Fredericktown Triumph, total cost for the shifter peg and headlight bracket is $62.50, should be here by Thursday. I guess if I wanted to replace everything including the muffler I could file an insurance claim, but even then after the deductible and the risk of them jacking up my rates it just isn't worth it. I'll just suck it up and take it like a man.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

It's a damn shame that we've gotten to the point that we're afraid to file insurance claims. (And I'm not exempting myself.)

I have a lift and a decent selection of tools. If you need to borrow anything, let me know. I'm in the Towson area.

It's a damn shame that we've gotten to the point that we're afraid to file insurance claims.

I misjudged a gap and put a single deep scratch along the door of my CV8Z Monaro (GMH Australian made Coupe). My insurance excess is $500 and if I made a claim next year the premium will go up an extra $250. The quote to repair if paying cash (no receipt or taxes involved) was $700. I saved $50 and my no claim bonus by paying myself. That's the world we live in.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Hi KB, Sorry to hear about the mishap. happy to hear you survived. If you can get a laugh out of my crash... here is the details...
I owned and built a nice classic style Harley that cost me about $50K and was my pride and joy machine.
On my way home from work one day Had a lady pull out from the stop sign and then see me, she stopped across both lanes in front of me, while taking evasive action to miss her car I hit the center divider traffic island, and went air-born.
I broke some small bones in my wrist and got some road rash, but managed to jam the busted clutch lever in the top tree and limp home.
came to the top of the hill before my drive way, cut the engine, shifted into neutral and coasted the last 100 feet. but as I turned into the driveway the front end collapsed locking the wheel and spat me off into the dirt. one last humiliation, and another dent in the gas tank. . repair quote was $12000. fixed it for $4000 spent the rest on tools for the workshop. 16 years later my wrist still hurts today.
heres the bike before the crash
picture.php

KingBear

Hooligan
...16 years later my wrist still hurts today.
That's what I worry about the most. At 47 years old I rarely get sick and just have a couple old sports injuries that bother me. Physically I'm a tank. But those days could be over in an instant with even a minor crash like mine.

coopv2

Street Tracker
That's what I worry about the most. At 47 years old I rarely get sick and just have a couple old sports injuries that bother me. Physically I'm a tank. But those days could be over in an instant with even a minor crash like mine.

I just hit 49, crushed right foot, half a right big toe, broken shoulder blade, both collar bones, broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked neck vertebrae, 2 broken fingers, chipped elbow, damaged knee cartilage, multiple abrasions on knees, elbows, ankle, hip, shoulder, etc. mostly at different times.
But I was enjoying the thing I love the most, Motorcycles. and it only hurts when I move. :scooter:
but the faster you ride, the more adrenalin, the less you feel the pain.
Alcohol helps. not with the riding, just the pain!

Flaco

750cc
As you can see the damage really is minor, in some cases you'll have to look closely to even see it. Like I said, low speed and me breaking her fall kept the damage to a minimum. Also see the fucking siding strips doing their best impersonation of lane dividing lines. I'm guessing it's the one that ended up by the curb that got me.

I'll take your advice and try the NevrDull on the shiny bits. Since I kept all my OEM removes I'll only need to buy the headlight bracket (bent by the impact of the turn signal) and the shift lever peg.

I will happily donate two Lucas turn signals to replace your damaged ones...
Just send me a pm and they're yours...

I almost went down last weekend... I't could have been worse...
Bad curve with broken up asphalt and I crossed the center line. Good thing no oncoming traffic... Instant enema!
Been riding since the late 60's... Layed a Bridgstone down on a gravel curve in '70... Dropped my Bonnie in the back yard as I was parking Batman style when my foot slipped in the mud...
Yes, and I forgot to put my kickstand down once...

Best regards...

Allin...

KingBear

Hooligan
Thanks Allin, I might take you up on that generous offer. I'll be working on her throughout the week getting her back in shape, so once I get a closer look at the exact damages I'll let you know.

Oh by the way, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
I've been working to get my bike put back together so I can get on the road while the weather is nice. I pick up the parts from the dealership tomorrow.

I cleaned up the damage to the aluminum clutch lever and gearshift pedal using a tool that might surprise some of you - a fingernail buffer. SWMBO uses these four-sided blocks with progressively finer surfaces to buff her nails to a high gloss, so I figured it'd probably work for aluminum as well. I swiped it from her drawer while she was at work and used it to remove the burs and finally bring the metal to a high polish. It looks great and took just a few minutes. They can be found for about $5 at any beauty supply store, which I learned today when I bought my wife a new one. Rather than show off your handiwork to SWMBO like I did, you might just want to play dumb when she goes to do her nails. It'll save you $5 and a shitload of aggravation.

47989f5ebd69268796941c182f5851b2.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
Damn!

Damn!
That matches my Goodwood Green!

Not only that, it matches MY Goodwood Green Bonnie as well...wonder could i get a vinyl sticker like that...if you wouldn't mind, Kingbear....I'd love to have that on the sidecar....

bonZa

Street Tracker
bit of badluck there kingbear. msinr hting nothing too serious.

you gotta be careful when you get over 40, dont bounce like you use to especially when youve got old sport injuries lurking in the background

KingBear

Hooligan
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and offers of parts and assistance. I finished repairs today and took her for a test ride, everything seems to be in order. She's embarrassingly filthy though, so once I get her cleaned up I'll post pics.

Thanks again!!