Gima 125 - french retro lightweight

ivar

TT Racer
This bike does have the correct retro look, plunger rear suspension et al:
big_GIMA_125_01.jpg

Sells for €4K in France , not bad for an essentially handbuilt bike. Based on a 1948 design.
Would be nice to putt around town on - and mileage should be good too. Should get around twice as long on a gallon as our Bonnies.

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
I want one NOW!.....but get rid of that rear ural seat....otherwise...man, she shore is purty!! I've got room...!

strokerlmt

Sorry should have done this first....4000 euros = 5628.00 usd
I don't know....looks cool but for some reason 5600 sounds pricey ???

dschief

750cc
Kind of high for a 125, especially when you consider that's in the Royal Enfield price range. Does look good though, make it a 500 thumper and it would be worth it.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'd pimp one if i lived closer to work, use it as a commuter when you dont have to go fast. Pretty tits lookin little bike

Texas94fs

Hooligan
no. what the hell is wrong with you people?

We aren't used to having monster 904cc bonnies with 42mm carbs :worthy:

There is no way I'd pay 6k for that thing. . .actually I wouldn't ever buy one unless i had plenty of disposable income but I'd def take the chance to ride one and keep one if someone felt like i needed it.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
As gay as that bike is, its still kind of cool. I don't know why but small bore bikes appeal to me. I find myself looking at CB100's on craigslist. And then I think - what would I use it for? Maybe a pit bike?

KingBear

Hooligan
no. what the hell is wrong with you people?
I'm with Sweat. Yeah it's cute and old-time, but really? I suppose a lack of decent brakes is a moot point since you'd never reach speeds you couldn't stop by dragging your feet. :D

You want a little retro scoot, here's what you could have for about the same price. A top-of-the-line vintage style Vespa, 250cc and over 75mph, disc brakes, four valves and liquid cooled.

big-vespa-gtv.jpg

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Here is where I am going with the lightweight thing; IF I can bring it with me on a hitch carrier, then when I am on vacation I or traveling for work I will have a bike to scoot around on. CB 175's come in around 225 lbs. CB100's around 200 lbs. Thats within the 260 lb. carrying capacity rated for my mini van with a hitch carrier. The Gimi is around 200 lbs as well, but its too "fabulous" for me. one thing I thought was interesting is I read they had offers to build it in China for next to nothing but they decided to build the bike in France.

By the way - I would never suggest it - but my wife would absolutely LOVE that bike.

Last edited:

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
A French 125?

At the first sign of a struggle it would turn itself around and run away...

The Vespa's, now those are cool little scoots.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Scooters are just not the same. The tiny wheels make the handling so much worse.

The Gima appears to be hand shift! Not for the faint of heart.

Last edited: