How Long Have You Been Riding...

Massive

Banned
I prefer riding the back roads over slabbing it...but I enjoy any riding versus winter. I have been riding for little over five decades. I started when I was very young.....If it wasn't winter I would be out riding right now. I also prefer to ride solo versus in a group.....groups tend to be too restrictive. :gsxr:

Oxblood

750cc
I'm 28 been riding on road since 18, not counting riding on road illegally in the Philippines @ 14, started riding dirtbikes at 12. I've only owned a car for 2 years out of the last decade (not counting my non-running long term project 1950 ford tudor). I get the bug honest as my first ride ever was from Nebraska to Idaho on the back of a 1949 pan chopper, my mom being 5 months pregnant with me at the time. I ride solo and with my wife mostly.

This is the pan my expecting parents rode to Idaho on:
1194058676_l.jpg

Last edited:

strokerlmt

I rode an illegal mini bike with a chain saw engine no brakes from 1963-64. Then a used 66 Triumph 1969-70......Moved to Caribbean from Montreal Canada in 1971. Went home to visit in 75 and purchased a new Honda 350 and rode from Montreal to Miami and shipped to The Cayman Islands. Had that for two years sold and bought a Honda 450 had for 3 years sold and bought a new 250 Elsenora for two years sold and hung up the spurs and started sailing. Took up riding agin in 2003 after we moved to California. Bought the 2003 T-100 Bonneville and started to take it apart. Bought a 1979 Norton Commando from Rabers. Loved the sound.....ride killed me.....sold after a year. Bought a 2004 R1150R BMW.....loved the ride and the German workmanship.....really disliked the feel of the engine...go figure....sold that one in 2006. Only have the Bonneville now and loving every minute. No more bikes.....
LMT

em_dot

Street Tracker
Ox,

That chopped Pan with the King and Queen rocks!

Started riding in the tobacco fields on borrowed bikes somewhere in the 6th grade. Got my motorcycle license in 1984 but had a lot of years off.

I got back into it 2 years ago, and I have no plans to be without a bike again. Back in the day my High School Vice Principal had an early T100 (Daytona). I thought it was the coolest bike I'd ever seen, and still do. When I went to the Triumph dealer two years ago it was to get a Thruxton, then I saw my claret Bonnie sitting there, it reminded me of that T100. I bought the Bonnie that week.

My Bonnie is up on blocks right now with no wheels. I'm doing the Alpina STS kit this winter. It should be done in a few weeks. I'll report back on that later...

Joel

Texas94fs

Hooligan
about 4 years now just over two years on the thrux and a little less than two on a yamaha 535 cc virago. 24 k on the thrux and bam, first track day feb 27th gonna tear some sportbikes up.

30 years here and had too many bikes to count. Like to ride both on and offroad. When I lived back in England, I used to have a blast at track days but now get my kicks from the Bonnie in the twisties here or my DRz440 if I'm feeling like some dirty fun ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Craigore

TT Racer
Probably 15 years. I'm 25 now. First on a 5HP minibike w/no brakes (deathtrap!), then a Honda CL-90, then the Bonneville and since have acquired a 51 hyra-glide

Oxblood

750cc
Ox,

That chopped Pan with the King and Queen rocks!

It's not really my style but it was my pops so that makes it cool in my book. I'm going to try and build a "tribute" to it and give it to him for helping me out this last year after I got laid off. I've got a couple of G's that should get me a pan frame... right?...

Oxblood

oldroadie

Scooter
I got my first bike, a Kawasaki H1-500cc death trap, in Honolulu in 1972 and taught myself to ride. My first ever self owned transportation, I rode it to work at Hickam AFB every day, rain or shine (although truthfully it was mostly shine). So what's the math here? Uh, let's see...38 years?