Might it be time to sell?

mikenva

Rocker
I dont know whats up with that guy he goes from forum to forum pissing people off.Its one thing to say I did this and it did not work ,but with him he has never done anything and wants to tell the ones that have they are wrong.

ivar

TT Racer
Not gonna miss him...

One would think with his extensive engineering background (thats what he claims), he shoulda been able to come up with more constructive things...

Gretsch

Rocker
Well that was fun.... Anyways, I think If I was going to sell the Bonnie I'd go for a Street Triple. I like the Monster also but the Street just does it for me. I'm not a brand loyal guy either but I like that bike. That or you could shell out the $$$ and get the new Norton :D

On a side note. Most Engineers I know can spell their own name....I'm just saying.

Bye Gorge. :lol:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Sorry it took a minute or two ... but kinda busy here lately. Apparently he missed the rules - especially the part about No Douche Bags.

whyme

TT Racer
yeah, he had some type of issue. I think he missed out on the tit when he was a baby.

I don't know about you guys, but I love spending money on my bike. That's what makes it my bike.

I got a wife to ask me why and if it's worth it-not some wad I don't even know.

Gretsch

Rocker
yeah, he had some type of issue. I think he missed out on the tit when he was a baby.

I don't know about you guys, but I love spending money on my bike. That's what makes it my bike.

I got a wife to ask me why and if it's worth it-not some wad I don't even know.

Well said. All that shit about chasing 15 HP, it makes you want to say: "Well just fuck of and buy a Hayabusa then asshole."

What I like about our "platform" is that you are limited by certain factors and you tweak to get the most power you can. Isn't that what the Thruxton Cup and other limited class races are about?

Anyway to quote the Ramones "Glad to see you go go go go goodbye."

Last edited:

jphickory

Banned
Regarding George... he said some really dumb and inconsiderate stuff. However, many inconsiderate things were said (and are still being said) about him on this forum. As much as I like motorcycles - I like and care about people more. If you don't like or agree with something said by another member, why not ignore it or address the person respectfully? This is a great place to share and enjoy our passion for motorcycles and I hope we treat each other as friends.

"The talent of turning men into ridicule, and exposing to laughter those one converses with, is the gratification of little minds and ungenerous tempers" -Addison

strokerlmt

I like this site......dick's are given all they rope they need to prove they are an asshole ......then:rocket::finger2::stfu:

whyme

TT Racer
I see your point JP and I do question my own ethics sometimes when I jump on the pile and kick a guy. There seems to be some history for others with Gorge. He seems to have gone down the wrong road one to many times. Thanks for the "other side."

mikenva

Rocker
Regarding George... he said some really dumb and inconsiderate stuff. However, many inconsiderate things were said (and are still being said) about him on this forum. As much as I like motorcycles - I like and care about people more. If you don't like or agree with something said by another member, why not ignore it or address the person respectfully? This is a great place to share and enjoy our passion for motorcycles and I hope we treat each other as friends.

"The talent of turning men into ridicule, and exposing to laughter those one converses with, is the gratification of little minds and ungenerous tempers" -Addison
you get respect from giving it george has none for anyone .He got what he earned.He showed his real self on his last few post.

If you don't like or agree......why not...... address the person respectfully?

It was Biker7's total inability to "address a person respectfully" that got him where he is now.

Not only here but also the other forums he used to frequent.

I was right first time round:

He's a Knob!! :nut:

(thats 3 posts I've made here now, and all have been about BoyGeorge...... I've got to get a life!! :confused: )

Last edited:

Craigore

TT Racer
hahaha I love you guys.

I think I'm going to hold onto the Bonnie. I've invested a bunch of money into it and really truly enjoy the look and ride of her... dangerous and non-conformist. I'll get some new pipes in the spring and put it on a dyno or buy an A/F gauge. Perhaps that will solve my 2-up problem.

In the meantime, I'm looking for an old (pre- 78) Sportster for a BUDGET bobber project that I've always wanted to do (my panhead is a hardtail also).. Nothing fancy, probably rattle canned black and straight pipes in typical ratbike style.

Then, when I finally graduate from college I'll get something I can tour and/or do longer distances on. If I could afford, I'd buy a street or speed triple. I don't own a car and commute in the winter by bicycle (we're supposed to have our first snow of the season tonight here in BUFFALO) saves money

Last edited:
Wow! That thread was a fun read, haha. I'll skip the introduction thread and jump into this one since it's the most relevant topic I could find concerning the issue I have. Plus, it looks like Craigore got as best an answer as he was looking for anyway.

I'd start a new thread, but even though I did use the search function, there's always someone who wants to yell at the forum noob and his deficient "search" skills. The search rendered me decent results, but this thread worried me. Ok, I'll get started now...

When I was 19 I got a Suzuki GS500 and it was fun. Two years later I had to sell it for "long story" reasons. The itch is back though after recently bombing around Atlanta on a friend's beat to shit Savage. I never really liked the sportbike look and I know the GS5 isn't exactly a sportbike, but it's not a cruiser by any means. I do go to the track a lot with my dad though, and while we race cars, I think it would be awesome to clock some track time on a bike. Really learn how to ride.

I was drawn to the Bonneville T100 because of it's looks, size and alleged power (in that order), but is it a sensible bike to take to the track? Does it really struggle with 2 up? A lot of you say you've got no trouble 2 up, but that's important to me too. How's the highway? Can I maintain a cool 78? Seems the general consensus is that might be pushing it. I was hoping for some justification to purchasing a T100 or maybe a thoughtful redirection.

I guess this thread already milked those answers, but as someone who's never really rode a heavy streetbike, I'd like to be told I have nothing to worry about and to get the T100. I'd like that a lot. It's got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, haha.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I have written this many times; it depends. On what type of roads, what type of riding you do.

Can it do 78? Yeah, mine is almost stock and it could do a lot more than that. 78 is nothing for it. But if I was planning on long 80 mph cruises 2 up on the slab, I would chose another bike. Why?One reason the rpms are annoying at those speeds for a long time.

Also - IMHO its too small for 2 up use. The seat isn't great, the brakes become just okay, the and the great handling diminishes. Its more of a runabout backroad bomber. I fact , I would say for that backroad type of use it has no equal for the price.

I have used mine 2 up only couple of times. It wasn't great, due to its small size. My personal opinion- I alway thought of 2 up riding as a necessity, not a fun way to ride. It seems likesomething the HD crowd does on their poker runs. Years ago we used to do it because we were poor. Not my thing. I got my wife her own bike .

I don't know about the track, others here do that.

Last edited: