Best Color Combo For Bonnies

Was always the lucifer orange/ silver centennial. But the more I look and admire my Scarlet/silver model, I realise I would never change its colour scheme.

Attachments

• DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
:wtf::huh:

Seriously, you have no appreciation for aesthetic design???

Isn't that a contradiction in terms? A design has a purpose, aesthetics aim to simply follow an expected form as interpreted by some wooly minded artistic route.

Aesthetics are why the Bonneville lacks range and is a PITA to clean. The paint is there to stop the metal rusting. As an engineer I'd say the whole looks right-works right thing is fine until you look at details and then only confirms how conventional a design is. I would pick an MZ shaped tank and black plastic over teardrops and chrome, but no one makes that bike without adding other items I don't want. You have to remember that features like teardrop shaped tanks were added my marketing people trying to copy features from other technology without any understanding of the function. Tail fins on your car anyone :lol:

Edit to add: Best make that tail fins on a car that weights three tons and does 65 mph, the one that do 165 mph have a purpose!

Andy

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
Of the stock colors my vote is black. When I get around to taking it off the road for a week I'll paint my black though.

MuckSavage

Scooter
I have the blue & white SE and love it. Actually come to think about it, out of the 2 bikes I've owned, they've both been blue. Anyway.

img0042aat.jpg

I have liked most of the color combos I've seen of all of the triumph's I've seen, save for the light blue/dark blue on the 09 America. Not a fan.

pepper

Street Tracker
Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Nope, not a contradiction at all. I'd rather have a beautiful bike with limited functionality than a purely functional bike with the sex appeal of a paper plate.

You know, I've found no range limit at all with my Bonneville. I just periodically stop for a few minutes and put more gas in it. I'm pretty confident that I could even ride across the entire United States doing that too. If yours is incapable of doing that you got ripped off big time dude!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
:attn: Black with black trim. Proven to be the fastest color combination for a Bonneville.

You could read about the proof by following the link in my sig.

That said, I've discovered that a Black, painted turquoise blue with a bitchin' dual ralley stripe (and airbox removed, rejetted, and TOR'ed, slides drilled) is even FASTER!! (Shhhh.....)

best_in_show.jpg

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
Blu J - that is a smart looking machine!
Mine is a 2007 Goodwood Green (or British Racing Green, IMO), though I love the green/cream T100 combo.
I dunno, whatever the colour, there is something special about a Bonneville.
:brit:

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
Nope, not a contradiction at all. I'd rather have a beautiful bike with limited functionality than a purely functional bike with the sex appeal of a paper plate.

You know, I've found no range limit at all with my Bonneville. I just periodically stop for a few minutes and put more gas in it. I'm pretty confident that I could even ride across the entire United States doing that too. If yours is incapable of doing that you got ripped off big time dude!

You want to have sex with a machine? That's a bit odd, but I guess it takes all sorts! I guess they are easier on the wallet than a lot of women I've met. :)

I can ride across Wales on a Sunday and do more than 140 miles without seeing a petrol station that's open. In Morocco or the top of Norway running out isn't a safe option, people die if they make the wrong decisions in the wrong weather. Going for petrol every other day after work is a PITA. They ruined a really practical bike by copying a 50 year old tank that was designed for a bike that did 60 mpg not 40, and all so machine fanciers will want it!

There is IMHO no beauty in a machine that lacks function, but beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder.

Andy

Milo B

Scooter
So Three Wheel... am I to understand correctly that you wasted the money to add a side car to a PITA Triumph, instead of buying something more conducive to your lifestyle, like a Harley or a cheaper variation? 40, 60... who cares... Are you in or out?

Does the bike still make you shudder when your wife refuses to get in the side car? How old are you by the way? Maybe a dash of Pink would be good on the helmet? Make you feel better....

Triumph is a great bike. The Bonnie's do something for me. I could look at Italian models.... Aprila, Motto Guzzi, etc...

Color and cosmetics are just as important to some as you wasting whatever time and money you spent selecting a side car. If it's practical and cheap, it probably looks like shit. If some aesthetic detail was applied then you have a cool ride. Otherwise don't go for the triumph. It's not a Suzuki. Get a Russian Ural... Then you can get military camouflage and disappear. It works and who cares what it looks like. You don't.
:australia:

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
Otherwise don't go for the triumph. It's not a Suzuki. Get a Russian Ural... Then you can get military camouflage and disappear. It works and who cares what it looks like. You don't.
:australia:

I had a Ural; they don't work. Give them another 20 HP and make them entirely out of modern matertials and you would indeed have an interesting bike. Camoflage paint is not an advantage, it brings unwanted attention at border crossings. A decent Ural will be with us in about 2015 at the rate they make changes. The cost of a 55 mph Ural at £9000 is insane when you can take a £4000 Bonneville and add a £2000 Ural chair and produce a reliable 70 mph outfit.

You seem to assume the Triumph isn't practical. You are wrong. It's rough, tough, simple and well made. It's also as easy to remove pointless chromed stuff as it is to add it if that's your thing. There is no perfect bike out there, so we all make mods to match what we want them to do (or look like). The Bonneville is a great bike, but you perhaps need to understand that not everyone is into them for the same reasons. Mine is a BMW R80 substitute that didn't come with 25 years worth of bodged fixes.

My wife and a pink helmet? Don't get that bit. Some sort of reference to sex?

I'm 35 which I guess is a factor. I have no nostalgia for 1960's/70's bikes.

Andy

Last edited:
+1 on the centennial colors. Mine however is B&W. Look’s nice, looks classic. But if I can manage to find an extra tank to purchase at a reasonable price (it would be a shame to repaint my T100 tank), I'd repaint it in Orange metal flake. Similar to that of the '70's Honda CB750 tanks.

P5230267.jpg

And who says you can't see the colors from your saddle?

Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
There is IMHO no beauty in a machine that lacks function

To each their own, of course, but it sounds like you've declared that you do not like the Bonnie because of the way it looks... and then you went on to say that part of your not liking the way it looks is because you don't like the way it functions...

So I wonder: Why the fuck do you have one? Certainly there's something out there that's more functional for whatever your objective function is, which would then also make it more attractive to you.

And, for the record, yeah, sometimes I stare at my bike and think "damn that's hot". If I didn't, I wouldn't have dropped 8 large on it, period.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
For me almost any color is is good. I like the way that Triumph does two tone paint jobs and all of em are good looking. The red & black is snappiest though.

DandyDoug

750cc
My 05 T100 is Tangerine and Cream, I like it that way and will only change it when I need to add a side car since I'm so freekin old and gettin gimpy.

When I change the color it will be cobalt blue with a checkerd flag stripe running down the middle of the bike and chair. Black leather jacket, full leather trousers ( no half assed pants for me) A white silk scarf and a Davida pudding bowl bash hat with prescription goggles :bug: