Eeek Guns!

Gretsch

Rocker
Have any of you guys had a look at the new FN-SCARs? I want one.

EDIT: Got one!

The local gun shop got 5 in yesterday and I picked up the last of the batch. I had to get it since they're as rare as hens teeth and this might have been my last chance. It was a lot of $$$ that I didn't want to spend but as I said, this might have been my last chance to pick one up. Pictures to follow...

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
Yeah, went to the gun shop here today, hangin on the wall they have 4 AR15s and 3 AK47s= haven't seen that many in one place for a while.

Maybe Americans are starting to feel like they're armed well enough?
Or are we running outta money? :chin:

And the Iranian people aren't armed at all, unless you call rocks being armed.

Gretsch

Rocker
Here's my SCAR16
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Quote:
"Here's my SCAR16"

Awesome score Gretsch! Just read about those in this months American Riflemen, let us know how it shoots.

I'm pickin up somethin cool tomorrow :banana: I'm so psyced, I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight.....

We went to the range Sunday= the chintsey scope mount that I put on my 8mm Mauser came loose after about 3 shots and I wasted 12 more shots before figuring it out. So I spent the rest of the time shooting my new carry gun and the two .22 rifles at the 60 yard range. I have to say that I like the Marlin model 60 SB over the Ruger model 10/22 Carbine. The Marlin seems to be quit a bit more consistant, while the Ruger was all over the place, even when shooting the Stingers through it.

My girl spent her time very well shooting her long rifle at the 100 yard range (can you tell which way the wind was blowing). Next time we go we set her targets up at 300 yards. The circle around the bulls eye is 2 1/2" :

100_1440.jpg

Last edited:

ssjones

750cc
Saturday a local gun shop hosted a "Gun Demonstration Event" at our local Izaak Walton League. For $10 you were able to fire from 1-3 shots from 10 guns of your choice. The S&W guys were there with a nice selection of auto's (40, 45, 9 mm), revolvers 22, 38, 357, 44) and AR15's.

The big hit was the S&W500. Wow, that was a handful. Here's a video of my daughter firing this cannon.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3011857600062237293QzLwPk

I loved the 9 mm, Model 952 from their Performance center line. Yeah, why not at $2,700 list......

The Airweight 38 was fun. This was my first time shooting S&W revolvers. Some actions were fantastic (that .38 above was terrific), others not so good (4" target site .357), at least in comparison to my Ruger SP101/357.

They had about six AR15's, mostly .223's. The daughter loved the .22 LR model. I think it wa the M&P line.

I shot a muzzle loader .50 caliber and a .270, neither of which I had fired previously (no rifle experience). I can't recall the manufacturer.

It was interesting to talk to the S&W reps. We had about an hour to shoot ten weapons. Definitely a fun morning.

koifarm

Hooligan
Wow Jonesy,
That sounds like a wonderful opportunity to check out what you like and don't like....wish we had something like that hereabouts...we do have a nice range about a mile from here which I joined but perhaps I'll suggest something like what you attended to spark some interest around here.
Thks for the post...

ssjones

750cc
Wow Jonesy,
That sounds like a wonderful opportunity to check out what you like and don't like....wish we had something like that hereabouts...we do have a nice range about a mile from here which I joined but perhaps I'll suggest something like what you attended to spark some interest around here.
Thks for the post...
A local gunshop sponsored the event, but the Izaak Walton league gave them a place to use and managed the participants. I'd definitely to it again.
The S&W reps were great, of course big fans of their stuff. I'd never shot anything S&W previously. Some of the handguns felt great, others not so much. There was also a number of Taurus handguns there. I probably should have fired a few of them for comparison. (vs. my Rugers).

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Got it, it looks like new! Now I can't wait to spend some rounds through it :D :

100_1467.jpg

Jones, that is cool, I hope to see an event like that around here some day :up:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Quality ... not quantity.

1 & 2: Sharps & Hankins Pepperbox; 32cal - 4 shot, rim fire, circa mid-1800s. Has a rotating firing pin - not all rounds go off at once.

3 & 4: Bond Arms 45/410 ga - when the shit has hit the fan ... pull the trigger and hang on.

5 & 6: Winchester 30/30 commemorative edition.

7 & 8: Stevens 16 ga side by side.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
That pepper box is the shit. I'd love to find an old gun like that. I will eventually inherit some from the same time frame and many more. But wow, that thing is amazing.

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Quote:
"Drool.... Is that a Benelli?"

Kind of, it has almost the same action as the Benelli M1 and Beretta bought Benelli. But this gun was made before the buy out. It's the Beretta 1201 FP, 12 ga semi auto, shoots 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells and holds 6 plus 1 rounds of 2 3/4s. I'm lookin forward to a sore shoulder soon.

Quote:
"Quality ... not quantity."

Yeah, I'd say so... those are a very classy lookin set of shooters. I'm gonna say that the Stevens would be my favorite. When I sell another bike or two/ save up more money, I'm a gonna be lookin fer one of those...

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'm gonna say that the Stevens would be my favorite. When I sell another bike or two/ save up more money, I'm a gonna be lookin fer one of those...

At one time I had a pretty good size collection of side by side shotguns. I would surf the local pawn shops for L.C. Smiths and Stevens .. even an occasional Steven/Savage. Had one of a each gauge of the L.C. Smiths, but some how during my escapades overseas all but that 16ga turned up missing. No one could give me a good explanation other than 'they're lost' ... gotta love family members. Do a search for current market values and you'll see what I mean.

koifarm

Hooligan
I'd covet that Stevens 16 as well, I've got a couple of old side hammer 12's one of which was sawed off to 18 1/4 and chromed, you could shoot some wicked skeet with that bugger.
I'd also covet that pepper box, what a fine little gamblers weapon....clear the table at once.
I tend to like the Stevens 22 over .410 under, have one and am looking for the 22 mag 20 ga to get one, I think they even make some with .223/12 ga but can't find much info on those yet.

Adding a recent search result for the Stevens guns...

http://www.savage24.com/
Interesting stuff on the whole line.

Last edited:

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Went to the range today:

We had a great time, that shot gun is now the second favorite gun at my house.... second only to my Red Rider carbine. :D

wilderness

Scooter
Apple seed shoot

Quality ... not quantity.

1 & 2: Sharps & Hankins Pepperbox; 32cal - 4 shot, rim fire, circa mid-1800s. Has a rotating firing pin - not all rounds go off at once.

3 & 4: Bond Arms 45/410 ga - when the shit has hit the fan ... pull the trigger and hang on.

5 & 6: Winchester 30/30 commemorative edition.

7 & 8: Stevens 16 ga side by side.
Hey Bonafide, I used to have an old sharps pepperbox .22 it was a fun gun to look at and rub on. Never did shoot it though. Not with todays ammo. BTW, I don't see Ruger doing any posting on this thread. Whats up? Doesn't he shoot? With a name like that I'd think he'd have at least a 10/22 or a mini 14 or something to brag about. Well, maybe he doesn't know about this thread. Later, Bpb

Last edited:

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Eeek another Gun!

Last week was our vacation and since we didn't go to North Carolina like I wanted to, guess what I did with the money we had saved up... Not as much fun, but a close second... well maybe...

Picked up the M16 lookin one on the edge of the bed, looks like it goes quite nicely next to the carbine. I look forward to trying it out and compairing it to the carbine.

100_1499.jpg

:cool: