Eeek Guns!

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
I hope you saved the portions of your firearms that held the serial number so that they can verify that they were indeed destroyed ;)

koifarm

Hooligan
Hmmmmm......

just in case the feds are monitoring this thread; I have destroyed all my firearms, knives and any other objects that could be used as a weapon
I place all my trust in my govenment to protect and care for me
Hey Doc,
Have you been off your meds?

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
That AR is a little to busy for me! I like my plain old Bushmaster shorty.

I really like simple too....but for when the SHTF, it's nice.

I kinda wonder though, which is more psychologically effective...the sound of a shotgun's action being worked, or the sight of a green laser coming around the corner? Luckily, I can do either :)

mikenva

Rocker
I really like simple too....but for when the SHTF, it's nice.

I kinda wonder though, which is more psychologically effective...the sound of a shotgun's action being worked, or the sight of a green laser coming around the corner? Luckily, I can do either :)
till a guy with a gun bolt gun pulls the trigger and the bullet hits before you hear the shot lol

mikenva

Rocker
. . . . from across the street, up at the top of the hill, in the middle of the night through your bedroom window! Bwahahahaha! :D

BTW - I would rather see a laser in the pictch black of the night, then hear a 3" shell get chambered!
for sure what the lazer is on might not hit anything that mater but if your close enough to hear the shot gun slide you are damn sure fucked.I use to have a single barrel 12 3 inch that i cut the barrel to 18 1/4 inches.I took it rabbit hunting one time loaded with #6 shot my hunting buddy got so scared ,he told me after the first rabbit i shot,he wasnt going hunting with me again if i used that thing.Just point anywhere near the rabbit and he was yours as was anything 6 ft around him lol.Man i dont even want to think what you would look like after being hit with a load of 6 or 8 shot out of that thing shot from head to toe.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Then you probably would really hate the night sights on my Kahr PM9. Only I can see them and it takes no sound to fire the Kahr.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Man you can take that Kahr and a ar and anything else you want, come threw my front door in the middle of the night and get both barrels of a 1917 lefever double 18 and 1/2" loaded with 4 high brass there isn't a doctor in any Eroom that is going to be able to sew your ass up before you bleed to death. A hand gun is nice dont get me wrong but a double barrel is the ultimate get your fuckin attention when your starring at the wrong end LOL. I have a loaded gun in every room of the house including the shitter a S&W 19 loaded with 145 gr silver tipped hollow points WTF you only live once want to visit. My plan is to fight from room to room till your ass is out of my castle then you better be getting up the road when I break out the Barrett cause your ass truely belongs to me up till the 1 mile mark. I am getting ready set up a Antonio Zoli 20 ga for my daughters room 18 1/2" double that way we can get ya in the cross fire. You guys need to remember if you want to go messy go scatter gun or go home with 1000 little holes in your ass.

Jimmy

Gretsch

Rocker
This is what I'm taliking about! 000 Buck or 00 Buck in a short Persuder and Sorry - Game Over - Wrong Home! But don't get me wrong either . . . I sleep with a HK45c with FMJ HP that is there just in case I'm surprisd in the middle of the night while I'm in bed! Now their nighttime surprise immediately turns into my "Hello Fellas, glad you could make it tonight!" :D

Shotguns are the ultimate home defense weapon. That said, I keep my Springfield XDm .40 by the bedside for the same reasons as Hedge.

Hedge, how do you like your HK? I was thinking of getting an HK MK23 when I can slow down with the ammo hording. I'm not sure though. It looks kinda big. I really want a .45 next to the bed but the XDm is fine for now. 17+1 rounds of .40 cal goodness is comforting.

Oxblood

750cc
I also sleep with a mossberg at the head of the bed, unfortunately it's still out of commission as I wait for mossbergs shitty customer service to send me my replacemnt action slide assembly. I'm still steamed I've had my gun for 1.5 months and unable to use it for 1 month of that. Next shotgun for me is a remmington or supernova.

--Oxblood

Gretsch

Rocker
Picked up an FNH FNP-45 today. Now there's 16 rounds of .45 Hydra shock next to the bed. Someone on this thread said it best; "nothing says go away like a 45". I'll be putting night sites & a flashlight on her to complete the rig.

ricky

Street Tracker
OK, I have another reloading question.
I found two work areas that I really like but there is one big difference between the two.
One has a wood top and the other is Stainless Steel. Both tops are the same thickness at about 3/4" thick. I'm guessing the the SS is 3/4" covered wood.

Is there and problem using SS for a reloading bench or should I just stick with the wood?

Static charge maybe? = bad juju.

drlapo

Hooligan
wrap a dryer sheet around your powder tube to stop it from clinging and to reduce the static charge especially if you're using a flake powder like Red Dot
SS is non magnetic but I don't know about static electricity

Gretsch

Rocker
Yahoo! Finally got the call that my CCW is in and I can pick it up tomorrow. It took almost 3 months to get it. I'll only carry on rare occasions (fishing, hiking, going to bad parts of town) but it's nice to have....before you cant get them anymore....

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
ACOG alternatives?

Okay, so I've got a decent 1x optic sight for my AR, but I'd like something with a little bit of magnification, too. I'd L O V E an ACOG, but most of them are north of a grand. Any ideas on a similar optic that has 3x to 5x magnification and is a good deal? Hopefully with an illuminated reticle?

ricky

Street Tracker
Okay, so I've got a decent 1x optic sight for my AR, but I'd like something with a little bit of magnification, too. I'd L O V E an ACOG, but most of them are north of a grand. Any ideas on a similar optic that has 3x to 5x magnification and is a good deal? Hopefully with an illuminated reticle?

This is the route I'm going. I know someone who has these that he bought from this very fleabayer.
Check them out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4X-Magnifier-w-Flip-to-Side-Mount-for-Eotech-Aimpoint_W0QQitemZ290294897748QQihZ019QQcategoryZ383QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFC-553-Dot-Scope-Sight-QD-Mount-for-Eotech-Aimpoint_W0QQitemZ300291426469QQihZ020QQcategoryZ83887QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262