Cris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
I wasn't going to write this thread, as I always thought that it was somwhat selfesh to make everyone else share in my pain. then I started thinking about the fact that, even though we don't know each other, or even know each other's names, nonetheless, we are friends, and friends share.
I lost the love of my life today to cancer. She and I enjoyed a 46 year long love affaire that most couples only dream of. She bought the '56 TR6 that I still own in '69, and supported my sometimes childish and expensive whims and never complained. I will miss her forever. There is a new star in the heavens tonight. Godspeed Crissie....

thread closed per request

Sixty-6

Scooter
I am truly sorry for your loss. Remember the good, and great times, as I'm sure there are plenty.Our hearts are with you.

Demar

Two Stroke
I'm sorry for your loss Mike. Even though she is not here anymore she is not gone. She will be with you forever.

rodburner

Rocker
I never like reading these posts,but I always do. Don't worry about weather it feels selfish or imparts weakness somehow. We will rarely ever get to know others on these sites,personally,but they are still our friends,and even a kind word or two,goes a long way toward easing some of your pain.
Nothing anybody types here,is going to be profound or stop the burning sadness that is going to quickly envelope you. Even though you were probably ,somehow, "prepared" for this day,you really aren't. You can tell yourself that Cris's pain is all gone,she's in Heaven,life goes on, whatever,and it still hurts in your heart and in your mind.Look upon us,here in the forums,as an extended family,that you need to share your sorrow with. Every mention of her name,here,to a co-worker,or anybody really,will shave off a bit of the sense of loss,evoke a hopefully good memory,and start you down the road,that is the rest of your life. Be strong,but not so much as to be unable to accept a word of solace from a stranger,or cry at the laughter of a child,somewhere off in the distance. Every day will present a new challenge for you,but with time,lots of time,and the thoughts and words of friends and strangers,you will come out the other end of that dark tunnel ,and the warm sun of a new day will wash over you.
You will be OK,Mike,because that is what she would have wanted.
Steve

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm sorry for your loss, and am happy for you to have such a wealth of memories and years of happiness to keep in your heart forever.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I'm sure for every tear there has been a thousand smiles. It sounds like you two will always share a deep and meaningful connection.

My sincere condolences.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I hate to read these posts, because there is a dose of reality there. Mike, peace to you. Peace to Crissy. My personal, and I mean that, my personal and sincere sympathy. Also my admiration for what you obviously had.

I believe we are all part of the same tree of life, the same river and therefore although we are all going the same way, still we cannot ever really lose those we loved. They are inside us and in others. The buddhists say we are like a drop of water going back into the river. My sincere respect to you for living and loving all those years, what a wonderful life and much to be thankful for. I hope that in time your memories will be a beautiful garden for you to walk in. Believe it or not, the future is out there for you and as Steve says one day the sun will come out again.

Again, my sympathy on your loss.

Sincerely,

Sal

Last edited:

strokerlmt

You are one of us....one of this great group of friends that share so much. I have close friends here now many of whom I have never met. Safe ride Cris, good vibes and thoughts heading towards you both today.
"press on" Mike....
LMT

Status
Not open for further replies.