There goes my progressive springs

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, after a restless night worrying about my dog Max panting and not sleeping either, I took him to the vet. $300 later turns out the vet thinks he has a bad disc in his back. Looking back on 8 years of playing an acrobatic brand of ball for right at 2 hrs a night it made lots of sense to me. So he's been placed on injured reserve for 2 weeks. Just rest and no real activity.

Since I'm on a tight budget these days, so tight it squeaks, that means no progressive fork springs for now. It's OK, Max is worth his weight in Gold. Glad he's a papillon.

strokerlmt

Hang in Max........
I had a Vizsla for 13.5 years. Sadie she was my best friend. She sailed 7000 miles with me on my sailboat. I got divorced and when I married Debbie she accepted the new lady in the house with grace. Then when we had our daughters and she was aging she left the of our bed and slept in Cameron's room every night watching over her. When she was 12 she laid down and wouldn't get up. I took her to the vet and the xrays showed large cancer tumors in her lungs. I decided to try dog chemo. Once a month $300 bucks. Didn't have the money but hey. She got a shot, came home slept for a day and had an active month. She lived for another 1.5 yrs then she went outside one day and paid under her favorite shade tree and wouldn't get up. took her to the vet and held her till she stopped breathing. Cried for a week.
Great dog.....amazing how you attach....
Hang in max
LMT

9mmMike

Scooter
Glad that Max is only on IR. We just lost our Schnauzer. Not sure that I have cried like that since I was a wee lad. She lived a long time and was a really good dog. My two year old Westie, Pino, is sitting on my lap helping me type this. Well he's not really helping at all as it is apparently time for a little scritchin'. Gotta go!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
good deal. Better to have stock springs and your buddy feeling better.

I have learned this the hard way - the larger dog breeds start to pay for their youthful acrobatics with arthritis at around age 8. Similar to humans. I discourage any really crazy jumping because amusing as it is - it's not worth it. My dog moose does a lot of swimming and walking.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
No more of this I'm sure.

Attachments

• P1010278.jpg
    P1010278.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000992.jpg
    P1000992.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Max 7-25-09.jpg
    Max 7-25-09.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000859.jpg
    P1000859.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
I'd gladly give up my Bonnie to keep one of my pups around a little longer. My female Airedale, Pepper, is getting on in years. She'll be 10 years old in December, which is getting up there for the breed. She is developing cataracts, but otherwise she is healthy as can be. I hope she'll be around another several years.

I'm glad your boy is on the mend. My parents have dealt with doggie spinal issues more than once. They've had 5 miniature Daschunds, one had to be put down due to a spinal cord injury which resulted in paralysis.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Oh man. I hope your dog recoups fast. Awesome photo's. Hopefully you will find some other cool way to have fun!!