Cafe Racer season 2

mark66

TT Racer
Season 2 starts tonite at 9. I'm goin' to try it again but if the format hasn't changed from last year I may not watch to many episodes.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Watching the DVR'ed first one ... and Brian Fuller (local builder) is cutting up a 69 CB750 that he bought from the original owner, and told the original owner he wouldnt cut it up - then invited the original owner to come over ... as he cut the frame up into pieces. WTF!?!? What a Douche! While I've seen Fuller's build (cars and trucks) and the guy is a MASTER builder .. what a douchebag move to cut up a VERY nice sandcast in front of the original owner after telling him he wouldnt do it.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
That is douchey for sure. I don't understand cutting up a one owner bike anyway! I'll continue to save that for the ugly-ass-bastard-children bikes. I saw a guy that chopped up an old tiger that his uncle left behind for him.. I felt he needed to be backhanded.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Saw the first two episodes last night. Although I think the show is better edited this time around, there are a few things that really annoy me about.

1. They try to break up a 30 minute show with way too many segments. Just focus on one damn build. Most shows do the same, they don't need to reinvent the wheel.

2. Not a big fan of Mike Seate. It's cool that he's producing the show but I think his ego is getting in the way of making a great show. I don't need to see or hear him! Plus he's on a cafe racer show, the least he could do is ride a cafe bike in the show!!

3. The show could be a bit more technical. That Ducati was cool but I wanna know what they did to it besides remove the fairings!

inch deep and a mile wide

They need to appeal to the largest pool of TV viewers, hence the large numbers of cuts and quick pace - not going into anthing long enough to bore some non-riding wannabe douche.

The 69 CB750 was a nice bike before he cut into it, but it had 75,000 miles and the original owner was done with it. No big loss. They did it that way to create drama or controversy. Next week, more controversy as they cut into the gas tank - "it's a rare part..." OH NO!

I like this show, it ain't perfect, but at least it's a motorcycle show with new episodes - how many of those do we have?

mark66

TT Racer
I DVR'd it and watched it this morning. I thought it was a little better than last year and I'll give it another shot next week. Sure, there's a few things that could be better, like spending to much time advertising what's coming up. I did enjoy the old guy in the UK. Would love to have the chance to talk with him. So I'll see what next week is like.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
saw i today. crap. i think i saw mike seate more than i saw bikes. not even tits and ass could save the show.

Bonafide

NBR founder
2. Not a big fan of Mike Seate. It's cool that he's producing the show but I think his ego is getting in the way of making a great show. I don't need to see or hear him! Plus he's on a cafe racer show, the least he could do is ride a cafe bike in the show!!

HA! You mean you dont dig that really cool lisp of his? If they were to show him removing a penis shaped lolly-pop from his mouth, narrate the show, then back to num-num-numming a disco stick .. it wouldnt surprise me.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
HA! You mean you dont dig that really cool lisp of his? If they were to show him removing a penis shaped lolly-pop from his mouth, narrate the show, then back to num-num-numming a disco stick .. it wouldnt surprise me.

Bahahaha!

3. The show could be a bit more technical. That Ducati was cool but I wanna know what they did to it besides remove the fairings!

2. When Mike took over one of the tuner bike magazines, the content went down hill so the show don't surprise me any.

3. Wait a month or so and the Ducati will be on the cover of SuperStreet Bike.:sportbike:

Watching the DVR'ed first one ... and Brian Fuller (local builder) is cutting up a 69 CB750 that he bought from the original owner, and told the original owner he wouldnt cut it up - then invited the original owner to come over ... as he cut the frame up into pieces. WTF!?!? What a Douche! While I've seen Fuller's build (cars and trucks) and the guy is a MASTER builder .. what a douchebag move to cut up a VERY nice sandcast in front of the original owner after telling him he wouldnt do it.

I know I am late to this, but that was ridiculous. Seems a lot of these guys are just douches. He is building a custom frame for that CB. Why the eff would you start with one that original and nice. So messed up. I am sure he'll build something nice, but he damn sure could have started with a barn find for all the shit he is doing to that bike. Makes me sick.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
The TV show seems to be cut together just like the magazine. They don't show the whole build in one episode or in one mag issue. They stretch it on. Works for the mag, but not on TV.

That being said, I was not a big fan on the extra time they gave to Alanso Boding stand up act. In a 30 min show (that 10-12 minutes are commercials) every second counts.

It would be nice if they actually tell us and show us more about the engine mods, shock set up, special tricks, etc.... Instead its "oh look another bike with low bars and seat hump."

And why is AJ Fugado part of this show so much. He built an ugly ass bike and then nearly kills a Bostrom brother on his rickety wheels. Now he is going to be doing part of a build on a Royal Enfield. Great.

I'll read the mag, but forget the show. There are better things on at the same time. I missed "Royal Pains" for the new season.