Dog chasing SeaPlane

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I made this video last night. Usually Moose and I walk around the lake after work. This time I took a couple friends and the Taylorcraft on Floats. Lots of fun for the dog.Moose chases the planes regularly in the fields and he swims all the time but chasing a plane on floats is new. Little kids screaming in the back ground are some local urchins, but funny. Wife laughing is all mine.. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HLg-JUuUs

Last edited:

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Sal,

Now THAT, is funny. Thanks for sharing.

This begs the question.
What would Moose do to the floatplane if he did manage to catch it??

Rod

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Moose never touches the plane when he "finds " it on the ground. He knows better and just chases,points and barks. I kind of assume same thing in the water, but I am not sure.

DandyDoug

750cc
That's a classic Sal.

I had a Golden Retriever a long time ago that went everywhere with me.

One day I took him along while I was trying out a small pram sailboat for the kids, told old Duncan to stay in the truck.

So I am about half way across the lake and I hear this huffing and puffing behind me. There he is swimming for all he is worth trying to catch up. I stopped and hauled the big lug in and went back to buy the boat.
Still miss that dog.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Moose is one really huge dog... made the plane look like a toy. :D

Great video, Sal. Huge dog lover here too. We just adopted another dog from the pound last weekend. She's a mix that looks like she's a small white lab. We try to bypass the dogs at the local Humane Society knowing they will never be put down. The ones at the city pound aren't so lucky... breaks my heart every time we go there.

We got her with the intention of keeping the German Shepard mix we adopted last summer company. But he could care less... he just lays around waiting for someone to walk down our street so he can be guard dog. The new girl tries to play with him, and he just looks at her like "what the hell?" Both are great dogs in their own way.

Moose looks like a really fun dog to be around... he's definitely no lap dog. :woot:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
LT,

Moose was at deaths door last year he got really slow, lost bunch of weight , from 117 lbs down to 80 and he went blind. He was only 6. Our vet just gave us confusing and contradictory information. She kept saying it might be cancer but she never found any.,Turns out the medication our vet gave him for his allergies made him diabetic. In February, he went totally blind all of a sudden just as a huge snowstorm hit. I let him out and he got lost in it. For two months I walked him twice a day and tried to nurse him back to health. He was really depressed and miserable. Even the cat beat him up.

We spent a TON of money to find out what was wrong with him and a lot more to get his eye fixed. I actually have a loan out on his eye surgery that I am paying back $400 a month.

We got his sugar dialed in, his insulin dosage correct and started making home made dog food.

Now - he is like a new dog - he just turned 7, he is back up to 100 lbs and he got his energy back, he runs in the woods everyday, he swims almost every day. He seems very happy. He has a new lease on life. He is a great dog, very intelligent and affectionate and he loves to eat.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Wow... sorry to hear that Sal. But It's sure good to know Moose is so much better now. He's sure to appreciate having a such a loyal and good hearted family. I hope he has many more years to return all the love and devotion you've given him.