M Bar Woes...

Arkwright

Two Stroke
Fitted a set of Norman Hyde M Bars about 8 weeks ago and at the time it felt like the best £40 I'd spent on my Bonnie since I bought her.

Loved the look, loved the new riding position, felt more in touch with the front end and certainly made me more aggressive through the corners which I was looking for.

So now for the bad news. 8 weeks later and my neck and shoulders are a wreck. A 50 mile ride is about my limit due to the pain. I have to own up to having a slightly dodgy shoulder before I fitted the bars, but now I can't sleep after just an hours riding.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, but now it's back to stock I'm afraid. :(

I sort of had the same problem. My T100 had M Bars when I bought it, but my wrists were killing me for days after a 2 hour ride. Switched to stock and can ride all day long without any troubles.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The stock bars have always been comfy for me. You have an option when you use the stock bars, mainly you can sit up and rest your shoulders.

dbacher06

Scooter
I have M bars that i have turned upside down for a super aggressive position. I installed LSL rearsets and that drastically improved the comfort and gave the bike an overall more aggressive feel. I would recommend that if you don't mind spending the money.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I have fitted the tracker bars from british custom to my 06 T100 and it felt like a million dollar ride for $90 to start with but I wouldn't mind a bit more pull back so I am going to try the the clubman bars that they have listed. Don't get me wrong the tracker bars are great and look fantastic on the bike as i really think they suit the character (Much better than the gay moped stockies) but I just want to try something else so the bike will fit just right.

$90 for handlebars??? Go somewhere besides british customs man. That place is a ripoff and their customer service and shipping are both abysmal.

I've bought 3 separate orders from them and cancelled the orders after not receiving my products or emails for six weeks.

They certainly took my money instantly though.

rant over.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
The trackers were builtwell brand (Pretty good quality) so I guess the price is more of an issue with them and not BC but the clubmans are only $45, haven't seen them so I don't know the quality. There are bars and then there are bars, I had a $15 set on a chook chaser I had restored but didn't ride but the one I rode had a $200 set fitted, know which ones I would rather be hanging on too when launching over a jump. I had some problems with an order I received from BC but an email with a phone call got it all sorted and I haven't had any problems doing business with them again and I think their prices are not any different to New Bonneville or Bellacourse. Who is somebody you would recommend because in SE QLD Australia there are not too many if any over the counter dealers of aftermarket Triumph goodies so it is all international ordering, even the local Triumph dealer is absolutely hopeless not wanting to sell aftermarket anything. Aussie dollar is good at the moment so that helps. TD

I have M bars that i have turned upside down for a super aggressive position. I installed LSL rearsets and that drastically improved the comfort and gave the bike an overall more aggressive feel. I would recommend that if you don't mind spending the money.

M bars were made to mimic clip-on bars. because of this... Lower more aggressive = right side up. Higher more comfortable = Upside down.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
M bars were made to mimic clip-on bars. because of this... Lower more aggressive = right side up. Higher more comfortable = Upside down.

You're in the minority with that interpretation, my friend. Lower, hit the tank = upside-down. :). But for sure whether one likes them depends a lot on their size and stance. At 6'2" , I don't find that I have a lot of weight on the wrists with the M bars and so have been a fan for a long time. Super bars, however, I hated. Ymmv.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Stock Bars feel comfy to me. No back or wrist probs on a 12 hr day trip. Now my azz cheeks and tail bone on the stock seat were a different story!

Bigted

Two Stroke
You're in the minority with that interpretation, my friend. Lower, hit the tank = upside-down. :). But for sure whether one likes them depends a lot on their size and stance. At 6'2" , I don't find that I have a lot of weight on the wrists with the M bars and so have been a fan for a long time. Super bars, however, I hated. Ymmv.

What was it about the Superbars you didn't like Bluej? I've got a set but haven't tried them yet.