My new Triumph!

Bonafide

NBR founder
Not leaving the Bonneville world completely yall but I am one Bonneville-less today. Sold my 2006 Bonneville that I cafe'd the piss out of ... so long gorgeous, we had some good times. However, we still have GF's Bonnie Black and my Blue/White T100 in the garage.

Here's the replacement ... my 2011 Tiger 800.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tiger800_3_2011.jpg
    tiger800_3_2011.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Not leaving the Bonneville world completely yall but I am one Bonneville-less today. Sold my 2006 Bonneville that I cafe'd the piss out of ... so long gorgeous, we had some good times. However, we still have GF's Bonnie Black and my Blue/White T100 in the garage.

attachment.php

Congrats, I'm jealous as hell.. I look forward to hearing what you think of it as time passes.

DandyDoug

750cc
Congrat's on the new ride bud, can't wait to hear how it rides and see all the farkles you are going to add !!

D9

Vendor
Congrats... looks beastly cool... me too, waiting on the ride report :motorbike2:

102110-2011-triumph-tiger-800_28.jpg

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Looks quite the racy one Bud, a different ride for sure, can't say that I blame you for tagging that sweet ride...can't wait to hear your reports on how she moves....looks like she's going 70 just sitting there !
On second thought, it is rather, aahh, virginal looking....white and all...

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
Congrats!

I'm looking forward to hearing how that motor screws through all those twisties you guys get to ride out there.

strokerlmt

attachment.php

very nice buy........congrats.....
LMT

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Congratulations - it seem to be a very popular bike - look forward to reading your impressions from the perspective of a Bonny owner and what direction you go with the bike, both in terms of modifications and types of riding, dirt, touring....

Bonafide

NBR founder
Congratulations - it seem to be a very popular bike - look forward to reading your impressions from the perspective of a Bonny owner and what direction you go with the bike, both in terms of modifications and types of riding, dirt, touring....

Sal, I can already tell you I will not be taking this bike off road. I have a true Dual Sport for that with my KLX250. I bought this one for the pure Utilitarian purpose it oozes to me. Like a good purpose built knife. I like the thought of touring .. and take a week long trip every year with my HS bros. This year, I do believe they will be jealous. :headbang2:

Bonafide

NBR founder
My local dealership ordered 12 units - mostly XC models. The one thing I didnt want was spoke rims - which is what the XC centers around, more off road targerted. Triumph has a nomenclature for mine is an "A1" on their computer order form ... other wise, it's just named a Tiger800. Why no spoke rims? Flat tire repair is easier (for me) with cast rims and NO tubes.

The district manager for my local dealership use to work for Triumph Corporate (for 20 yrs), ending as the CEO for Triumph USA. He was telling me, the USA guys initially forgot to mark down what (if any) colors of Tiger models they wanted. Because of this, their entire US order came out a the default color, WHITE. The hiccup was noticed as the bikes started shipping and a huge amount of tanks/fenders in various colors shipped so they could splash some colors around.

Mods you say? Yeah, Triumph already has a pretty good list of accessories. I'm going to outfit mine with the XC 'beak', side boxes, hand guards, center stand, and the rear aux accessory plug. Exhaust will come after some break in miles.

KingBear

Hooligan
My local dealership ordered 12 units - mostly XC models. The one thing I didnt want was spoke rims - which is what the XC centers around, more off road targerted. Triumph has a nomenclature for mine is an "A1" on their computer order form ... other wise, it's just named a Tiger800. Why no spoke rims? Flat tire repair is easier (for me) with cast rims and NO tubes.
My sentiments exactly and for the same reason. Riding around town is one thing, but hitting the open road with no way to replace or repair a flat tire is a bad thing. That aspect alone would keep me from taking my Bonnie on a cross-country trip.

The district manager for my local dealership use to work for Triumph Corporate (for 20 yrs), ending as the CEO for Triumph USA. He was telling me, the USA guys initially forgot to mark down what (if any) colors of Tiger models they wanted. Because of this, their entire US order came out a the default color, WHITE. The hiccup was noticed as the bikes started shipping and a huge amount of tanks/fenders in various colors shipped so they could splash some colors around.
You'd think someone at Hinckley would have caught that and questioned it. Like, you know, make just a single phone call to ask if they really wanted them all in white!! I'd give the factory a great big "F" for that one.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Congrats!.. I have no doubt that Triumph has hit a home run with the new Tiger.

I test rode one at Ray Price Triumph yesterday. I wasn't aware that they has a demo bike when I went there, so I was 'gear-less', but I borrowed some gear and went for a short one.. (the weather was iffy (cold and misting) when I left, and didn't get any better by the time I got back, but I didn't get the bike or me wet).

I was very impressed with the ride. Although the bike is 'only' an 800, it rides a lot more like a 1050 Tiger than a 865cc Bonnie. It's not as 'substantial' as the 1050, and I'm not sure I'd want to do a lot of long distance touring on one, but it goes like stink, and stops on a dime (the bike I rode did not have ABS).

I plan to go back when I'm geared up (full face helmet for sure), and take it for a longer ride.

Two thumbs up!

(BTW, best not let John ride it.. .. )

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Always thought the perfect bike would eat up the dirt, then eat up the highway. Spare me the trailer and all that - and maybe the 800 Tiger is it, I don't know So far, every bike has been a compromise.