Hello pavement, how nice to meet you

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Meeting Mr. Pavement is always shitty. Glad you are still walkin and talkin. The bonnie will be back up and you'll have some new fun bits!

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Crikey, glad you're okay (bar the rash - battle scars!)and that most of the bike survived, which given the state of your tank is bloody lucky. Good luck getting her fixed back up and all

Littlejoe

Scooter
Ouch. Its always sucks to meet Mr. Pavement. Glad you are up and around. Other than the tank, the bike doesn't look too bad. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Thanks guys! I'm sure it will be an easy fix... Hopefully insurance will cover it too! That'd be grand.

Any opinions on a tank? I want to go polished or painted.. haven't decided.. but, I don't want to buy a straight fiberglass tank. This one seems legitimate.. being reinforced with carbon and kevlar.

http://www.farleyandace.com/Tank.html

Or I may just bite the bullet and go with the T.A. Baker and stay off the bike for a few months. :(

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
hmmmm i like that tank, but would need to see it on the boike before paying that much coin. Not to mention a good ally tank isn't much more

hmmmm i like that tank, but would need to see it on the boike before paying that much coin.

Tank.jpg

Savantjk

Street Tracker
hmmmm i like that tank, but would need to see it on the boike before paying that much coin. Not to mention a good ally tank isn't much more

I have spoken with Richard @ T.A. Baker and have decided to go that route. I wanted the slippery sam alloy, but the wait times were keeping me at bay.... But he replied that he has a tank in stock that is surface blemished so he does not want to sell it as polished. BINGO. I wanted to paint a satin finish anyway. I plan to send him a deposit today to keep it for me until I receive the insurance check.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I have spoken with Richard @ T.A. Baker and have decided to go that route. I wanted the slippery sam alloy, but the wait times were keeping me at bay.... But he replied that he has a tank in stock that is surface blemished so he does not want to sell it as polished. BINGO. I wanted to paint a satin finish anyway. I plan to send him a deposit today to keep it for me until I receive the insurance check.

NIIIIICE!

The tank i really really want however, is the one from mecatwin on their thruxton. that tank is perfect.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I sent an email to mecatwin about some badges they had posted on their site for sale a while back... no reply...... ever. haha

an300

moped
Sorry to hear your crash. Good thing is that you are ok. Just for curiosity: How old is your bike, and have you changed it´s brake fluids recently? Fluid absorbes moisture from air and could rust brake pistons inside, so they can become sticky.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
It is a 2004 model. I haven't changed them recently, but I have kept an eye on the levels and they checked out fine.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Got word back from the insurance company today. They are calling my bike a total loss. The appraiser went a little nuts I guess. He also was expecting to see a Pontiac Bonneville. haha

Anyway all the bike really needs to get going is a new tank... but he wrote down everything that had even a little rash as needing to be replaced.. which carried the repair cost way up.

I will rebuild the bike, but alas... It will have a salvage title. :( No bueno.

dschief

750cc
Unfortunately that seems to be the way insurance companies deal with bikes anymore. It's easier for them to write them off than to deal with a repair claim. I hope you can get the bike back with the write off, you can probably fix it up the way you want and have a little left over, if your lucky. It will only suck if you ever try to sell it as it is now a "salvage bike".
Good luck to you!

nohawk

Rocker
How much $ to buy it back from insurance co? If not much you will have a badass bike, salvage title? Who cares.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
How much $ to buy it back from insurance co? If not much you will have a badass bike, salvage title? Who cares.

$985 to buy it back from the insurance co. They appraised my bike to be worth $3300 ('04 bonnie black with 11,250 miles). I have a $500 deductible. So the $3300 - $985 - $500 leaves me with around $1800 to do what I need. All it NEEDS is a tank. There is some rash on the exhaust and a little rash on the master cylinder up top of the controls... also needs a right grip haha. Hardly a salvage-worthy bike. So I'll get the tank, maybe swap from ace bars to clip-ons, and probably new exhaust. Changing from the D&D slip ons I have now to either thrux w/ preds or the d&d 2:1. Richard @ T.A. Baker is giving me a deal on a polished slippery sam tank with some light scoring... He sent me pics and it is barely noticeable. But if it is in person, I'll just have the tank painted.

I'm excited about the prospects.

Last edited:

Bonniebret

Rocker
Glad to hear your mending and everything's working out for you and your bike. My bike fortunately will be just under $150 to repair. Well, more if I I decide to replace the pipe in lieu of cleaning them.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Glad to hear your mending and everything's working out for you and your bike. My bike fortunately will be just under $150 to repair. Well, more if I I decide to replace the pipe in lieu of cleaning them.

Yea I went back through the forums and saw that it seemed you took most of the damage in your accident. Mine was just the opposite. Hope you are recovering / have recovered well!