crazy idea....

efjim

moped
Just a few days before,i was looking the specs and some photos of the new norton commando 961.And i have the crazy idea of getting the front system(suspension and brakes) from the norton to my bonneville...its made by ohlins and brembo...nice????
who knows if it can be fitted,and offcourse the cost,but like an idea looks very attractive...

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I think that would be very pricey but a sweet idea or maybe just keep your bonne and buy a norton as well (I would love to do this):motorbike2::beer::lol3:

Kind regards Ben

DandyDoug

750cc
Buy a new Norton ?
GOOD LUCK !

I have two friends who have been waiting and listening to the promises from the new Norton people for quite a while now, and neither has received a bike yet.:huh:

strokerlmt

Just a few days before,i was looking the specs and some photos of the new norton commando 961.And i have the crazy idea of getting the front system(suspension and brakes) from the norton to my bonneville...its made by ohlins and brembo...nice????
who knows if it can be fitted,and offcourse the cost,but like an idea looks very attractive...

efjim......go to the NORMAN HYDE HARRIER site. The front end is there. HARRIS Performance triple trees machined for the Bonneville, FG324 Ohlin forks and then pick your calipers rotors etc. it is over 3000k when you add in al the bits.
LMT

mark66

TT Racer

Crazy idea.....maybe....but I like it. That would be cool. Have you got the $3000 to do it? :)

Skeeter

Rocker
theyre hand biult and right now they only biuld 5 bikes a week. cafe racer show did little piece on it. that be one expensive front end

efjim

moped
ofcourse i dont have the money...dont forget that i am from greece...sun,cool people,nice roads,but NO MONEY....HAHAHA!!!!

em_dot

Street Tracker
Very doable and you don't need the Norton. Here you go:

SeeThruThruxton.jpg

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
3 grand's a hell of a lot cheaper than what they are asking for the complete Norton and you've already got the Frame/Engine!
Good luck with the financing, that front end is an attractive alternative

There are any number of front ends and wheels you can swap out. Find used or salvage parts and go to town!

I have sv650 wheels and front end on my Bonnie:

DSCN0461.jpg

It's nothing like Ohlins and Brembos but it's loads better than stock. My net cost after selling the stock parts was less than zero. I think I actually sold the stock parts for more than the mod cost me.

em_dot

Street Tracker
sv650 wheels just look better than backwards F3 wheels IMO.

sv650 or F3 would be cheaper and how much would you really lose? I mean if you had an Expert rating at the track maybe you would have the skill and ability to notice, but for most riders on the street? Probably not that much.

That said Ohlins, Brembos, and forged alloy wheels are pretty. Ain't nothin' wrong with shinny toys!

I just think that yellow bike is really beautiful.

strokerlmt

There are any number of front ends and wheels you can swap out. Find used or salvage parts and go to town!

I have sv650 wheels and front end on my Bonnie:

DSCN0461.jpg

It's nothing like Ohlins and Brembos but it's loads better than stock. My net cost after selling the stock parts was less than zero. I think I actually sold the stock parts for more than the mod cost me.

Sweat......I like your front end. The rims are toooo dark for me and the headlight would have to be bigger. It looks like it got punched in the mouth. Your home made exhaust system is really nice. Just wondering if you could cut off what looks like header sensor holes and fill/ grind and spray . Just a thought.
The ohlins and brembo's look incredible and the mellow yellow bike is far from mellow. What a gorgeous machine.
LMT

LMT: I like my black wheels and small headlight. The bungs in my headers are for the llamda sensor for my air/fuel ratio gauge.